Midi mapping command in Traktor: Filter Mode type. Does it exist?
    Ezmyrelda

Default Midi mapping command in Traktor: Filter Mode type. Does it exist?

I was looking at some article or piece of reference material today and I noticed that the Z1 has the ability to change the Filter type through a Mode button. At least that's what it implied to me.. I.E. you click the button and it cycles through the mode types one at a time. So if you wanted to use a low resonance filter on one mix you could and if you wanted to use a high resonance filter on another mix you could just hit the button and the filter type would switch..

Yes, I do understand that the filter types along with a few more are present in the effects decks but I own a Z2 and I have a filter knob right in the middle.. It would be cool to be able to map something so that I didn't have to dig through the settings to make my filter knob switch between modes. Does this command exist? Or is it one of those things that might come in later version of Traktor now that the Z1 and 2 exist?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Nope. Would be nice addition though.

Tech Mentor

What you could do is map the filter button to one of the effects and use a trigger to switch between different filter effects. But that's all at the moment.

Ezmyrelda

Cool, Thanks for the replies..

@Scalage I don't have a filter button.. Just a center detented knob.. But remapping most things on my Z2 is not really the direction I want to go in.. I think I have only one mapping overriding my Z2's default map and that's for the mic button to start recording and broadcasting at the same time... It's the only button on the mixer that I don't ever use when mixing..

I think that I'm definitely going to try to press NI to add this feature though because it would be extremely helpful for those of use that have filter knobs.. and well in general..

Tech Mentor

Your Z2 has filter knobs.

Ezmyrelda

@Scalage Yes, but you miss my point.. I can see that it has filter knobs. I stated in the OP that it has filter knobs right in the middle.. What I don't have is the "Filter button" you referred to in your original post..

What I am simply trying to do is find a way to change the internal filter mode [not the effects filters] through a midi command on the fly.

I'm trying to explain simply and without sarcasm why something you think is simple is not.. But I'm coming up short.. Say I remapped my filter knob to one of the effects decks knobs.. I would also have to delete all of my other effects except filters from selection and then map a button to increment through available effects.. it would also introduce a host of other problems.. I also stated that I'm not interested in overriding most of my Z2's default mappings.

If you do not know how to map a midi button to change the internal filter mode NOT the effects filters then you couldn't possibly have a valid answer.. What I want to do is simply NOT achievable at this point.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Ezmyrelda, that mapping feature has been already suggested and discussed in NI forums about three years ago along with many of other great suggestions that still hover in the air. I wish you luck with convincing NI to incorporate this

Ezmyrelda

@Stewe Thanks. I understand.. I believe you get what I am trying to explain.. I just don't think Scalage does.. I created a new thread over at the NI forum.. I don't actually think I will get any momentum on this but yeah.. It would make an excellent feature wouldn't it..

Tech Mentor

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic in my post, I simply didn't see the problem. It wasn't my intention to offend you.