Advertising DJ Mixes.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Advertising DJ Mixes.

Hello,

I am a DJ who posts a podcast mix regularly on Soundcloud. At the moment I get a steady stream of followers but would obviously like to get the word out more. I am just wondering if anyone has any other sources they personally use to find new followers, I would prefer to keep my music hubbed on soundcloud and try avenues such as blogs or websites, even ones where a review system is in place.

Thank you!

Get someone with more of a following and ask them to do an episode for your podcast. They can advertise it a bit also and it may slowly gain more fans.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Get someone with more of a following and ask them to do an episode for your podcast. They can advertise it a bit also and it may slowly gain more fans.
    Thanks mate, a very valid idea!

Tech Wizard

If you do a podcast.. why not go on YouTube? I am currently putting together a regular VLOG (video log) series for my channel.

I also have a twitter, facebook, instagram that I also am going to use to drive traffic and cross advertise. If you want more traffic this is a good start.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the responses guys. YouTube has always been something I've considered. Just creating an image and laying the sound over it? How is the traffic from that?

Does anyone happen to know any blogs that are something of the description I had?

Quote Originally Posted by Grav0T View Post
    If you do a podcast.. why not go on YouTube? I am currently putting together a regular VLOG (video log) series for my channel.
    +1

YouTube is a great way to get a lot of views on your mixes! I've had some success with it in the past, the more views you get the more likely it is to show up in the suggested videos on the side which is nice. Can always link to your SoundCloud page in the description as well.

Tech Mentor

Default How to get more Soundcloud commitment?

Hi guys,

A couple of months ago I've posted a sound to my soundcloud account. Now it has around 750 plays (quite alot for a small timer like myself) and it's nearing 95 downloads. However, it only has gotten 13 likes, 3 reposts and 0 comments. Schermafbeelding 2014-04-22 om 16.32.56.png

I don't have that many soundcloud followers but I do feel that a track like this should have gotten me a (at least little bit) larger following. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation of is this just how it goes?

It's not generating much more plays currently btw, just trying to figure out what I can do better

Do you add to groups? I get a decent amount of hits that way.

Try submiting to YouTube promo channels, that can get you a decent amount also
    Also, 750/95 ratio on plays/dl is pretty good i might say
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

What also works is liking/commenting/repost others stuff as well... A good amount of people are in the same boat as you and they are quick to give criticism/love back. We aren't big superstars, so only liking/following big names won't really do much for you. Be social in the music community.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast