So i just bought another MacBook Pro - 13" this time - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tech Mentor

You are not allowed to complain about small screens untill using four decks in traktor on a netbook.

worst. idea. ever.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Wizard

Im using the new macbook pro 13" works very well for me. I Also have a Macbook pro 15" but for me it's to big to take with you.

Iv just got meself a new 15.4" MBP 2.66ghz, 4gb, 350 gb, 256 gt graphics card...

Its such a step up from my old dell!! happy as..

Just need to get traktor sorted now!
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

yep,

have the newest 13" MBP and love it for DJing. Screen is fine size, easily readable and the wide screen means that the track displays are able to stretch a little wider and look fine.

In 4 deck mode you do unfortunately loose sight of the master/effects section, but you can just set them in two screen mode, and then they still work fine and respond to all the vci controls in 4 deck mode. Further, I just set up the - and + buttons to be shortcuts and i can swap between the two layouts as needed no problem.

k

Tech Wizard

Im also looking at the new 13" MBP. One thing that has come up in my research has been HDD's ie. ive been told to go for 7200 rpm over 5400 rpm. I only use traktor. Should i worry about it too much?

ps. first potential mac purchase too by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    ...If I were big on 4 deck mixing though it would drive me nutz when it came time to browse for tracks.

I prefer lots of screen space for browsing my collection...
    There's a midi command in Traktor that expands the browser to full screen. I've mapped it to my browse up/dn buttons. Couldn't live without it.

I am heavily considering to switch to mac, and I like the 13''ers price... And with smart midi mapping, screen size really shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Tech Wizard

Karl - let me know what model you want
    Remember I work for www.Dabs.com so can probably get you a good price.
    In fact if anyone on here in the UK needs kit (laptops, macs, ram etc... let me know)

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by AndySpence View Post
    Im also looking at the new 13" MBP. One thing that has come up in my research has been HDD's ie. ive been told to go for 7200 rpm over 5400 rpm. I only use traktor. Should i worry about it too much?

ps. first potential mac purchase too by the way
    If all you do is use Traktor, It wouldn't cause any problems or major disadvantages. Plus you can always upgrade the drive later with something much better and cheaper than apple will provide.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Tech Wizard

I'm using a white Macbook 13" and it's more or less okay. No room to see the browser when you're using all four decks, but that's not a huge deal really.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast