Which mixer and Tabletop player?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Which mixer and Tabletop player?

hi
    I got tired of software crashing, and os crashing.

I want a table top to be reliable.
    I want to use a HDD to store my files though.

Which Tabletop player (cdj like)(I don't want rackmount 2 deck in one) can I use an HDD with it? Without computer playing my song.

What is my hdd maximum size to be recognized by tabletop?

I want to use EFX 1000 with this.

Which mixer do you recommend?

Can be any brand, I like pioneer, but i like to know if there other brand who does similar product...

thank you

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Most people here would probably recommend:
    Cleaning your computer
    Maintaining it better
    Updating all software (including OS)
    Upgrading specs to at least min. requirement
    Changing your settings (Optimization)
    But most of all possibly changing user habits.

how to clean yr PC: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...highlight=safe

(a post within has a link to adjusting your settings to optimize your matching specifically for DJ/Production applications)

Tech Student

lol, table top is better. so i asked which one you recommend to use with hard drive (usb-firewire).

easy to browse files

Tech Mentor

If you want to use a hard drive to store your music,you would need to use a program(traktor, serato) so i suggest you clean up your computer and make sure its stable anyways.

Mixer wise i would recommend the ecler and xone line of mixers. Great eqs and top notch sound and build quality. They have very good fx loops so you can add your efx on easily. Honestly pioneer mixers arnt that great. Their lower range mixers are way overpriced for what they offer. Their high end mixers are decent, they just get the "industry standard" which makes everyone want to use them.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

"better" is your personal preference, one more than likely less shared here..

As for bangin harddrive players, The obvious best would be the CDJ2000
    more realisticly priced would be the Cortex HDTT-5000

Tech Wizard

pioneer and denon and other companies have units that support memory external hard drives. You'll have to do a lil legwork to figure which satisfies your needs

http://www.pioneerdj.com/
    http://www.denondj.com/
    http://www.cortex-pro.com/

or the cdj-400 is a wonderful alternative to the 900/2000. Plus if you want to get back into the pc realm of things it can send midi data to your pc via usb. You can also connect your usb drive to it as well. I spent the whole day playing with one and honestly found it more usable for what i do than the cdj-1000mk3. (i do miss the 1000's hot cue)
    clicky: http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/cdj400.php

Also check out Rane mixers. Nice and simple designs that are amazing sounding, durable, reliable, and hold their value better than many others.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Tech Mentor

whoops i totally spaced out on the hdd players. The ones previously suggested would work for what you are looking for. Its quite alot of money to spend though, considering you could just fix your current set up and be doing the same things for a lot less.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fa5ky View Post
    If you want to use a hard drive to store your music,you would need to use a program(traktor, serato) so i suggest you clean up your computer and make sure its stable anyways.

Mixer wise i would recommend the ecler and xone line of mixers. Great eqs and top notch sound and build quality. They have very good fx loops so you can add your efx on easily. Honestly pioneer mixers arnt that great. Their lower range mixers are way overpriced for what they offer. Their high end mixers are decent, they just get the "industry standard" which makes everyone want to use them.
    Pfftt, I resent that. DJM-800 over a Xone any day of the week. To each their own though.
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

if you want to go there
    I can recommend my setup i'm pretty happy with em
    Numark CDX or HDX (big but brilliant)
    Numark 5000FX 5 Channel (3 Phone, 5 Line, no idea how many mic) great price good sound, interesting FX, decent sampler

Worth a look I reckon
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast