NEED oppinion quick about soundcard!
    Tech Mentor

Default NEED oppinion quick about soundcard!

First of all I'd like to apologize from being away from djtt for a LONG time ahah. I've been to busy with school and my vci =)

Anyways, my cousins are throwing a party tomorrow and rented some active cabs and they want me to dj for them. But i forgot one thing I need a soundcard! The guy at the place we're renting our stuff wanted me to use a Y cable to hook up my laptop to the mixing board but I wouldn't have a monitoring output for my headphones! So this morning I messaged like 3 places I knew that would carry soundcards for sure and all 3 of them are giving me NOTHING in my liking except one. It's called a Lexicon Alpha and its going for 140$(canadian)

Now I'm asking YOUR oppinion on this Lexicon Alpha soundcard. Looks legit but is it good for dj'ing? Especially for Virtual dj which is the program I'm using for now until I can afford traktor =/ Oh yea tell me if there is any problems with it for example the drivers!

Please reply ASAP!!!
    (thanks for reading my situation! =) )

Im sorry i dont have any experience with the lexicon sound cards

if your going to be mixing internally then a two output sound card like the audio 2 dj or the DJIO will work fine and save you about 50$

Tech Mentor

actually the audio 2 is 130 where I live and buying online isnt an option for now.

Btw I just bought the Lexicon Alpha and its not working for me....
    In virtual dj I try to set the outputs in the preferences to the picture with a headphones and a speaker on it but when I click on it, it says "error in the ASIO sound card:not enough channels" wtf do I do! Where do I go to switch for more channels!?!?! ahha someone help!

The only experience I've had with the Lexicon Alpha was i sold one while at GC and the customer returned it the next day saying he had problems with drivers. (that could mean anything) I tried to help but he didn't want to deal with it. I suggested the firebox, he moaned saying it was too much; but came back and bought one anyways. Haven't seen him since.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Tech Mentor

the drivers are a piss off! The soundcard froze on a couple times and i had to turn off my vci and then go to the remote setup again to activate it again everytime. also I can't use the asio drivers! Also after I'm done with the soundcard I have to manually switch back my regular drivers as my default audio ones! so gey! and im using xp too! fml I thought it would be easier on me haha. Wish me luck on my first gig tomorrow....I'ma need all the luck I can get!

It's only a 2x2 soundcard anyway. (you need one with x4 outputs for stereo cueing and mains) Your probably better off with onboard audio than that thing if it's freezing up. Lexicon made some great products, but their audio interfaces are a mystery to me. How about returning it and going for a Firebox or something else? Also did you go to lexicon's website for newest drivers or firmware upgrades?

Link: http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=7#downloads

good luck.
    Last edited by chex; 10-17-2009 at 07:13 AM.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Return that shit and go for the audio 2, is cheap, simple, light, loud and has everything you need.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Tech Guru

i use Edirol. so far so good!

Tech Mentor

Yeah I downloaded the newest drivers still a no go. But in vdj you can use 2 soundcards which was still sad because it was verrrryyyy loww volume.

BUT ANYWAYS haha. My gig went smooooooth as a babys bottom(and you know those things are realll smooth). I kind of setted up late but it was smooth. I ran in to no problems at all. Hooked everything up by myself except to put the speakers on the stands haha. Plugged everything to the xenyx board wih 2 laptops and a cd player for backup. I was amazed that I was doing all of this by myself haha. Played for 3 1/2 hours for around 150 people. Not bad for my first gig at age 16 =)

I'll post pics later tonight. Hopefully my dad got some good pictures =/