Need Help Please

Default Need Help Please

I am seeking some advice and opinions.

I have been using an S4 with Traktor Pro for almost 2 years. I love it and know I still have so much to learn. Now before I started mixing again I used to DJ many years ago on Turntables. Had a pair of Technics 1200’s got rid of them and always wanted another set just to have…

I recently found a killer deal. A set of 1210 MK5’s with the Traktor interface and software. A HP Laptop running 7 ultimate etc.
    Seriously it’s a complete setup there is so much to list its unreal the gentleman was the original owner of the MK5’s still had original boxes.

Let’s cut to why I need advice.

I want a mac laptop but have the S4 on my HP now with this new system I have purchased another HP laptop came with it. All good can’t complain.
    I was wondering what would you all do?

My original laptop I use for business plus my passion of music and home use.
    I was going to turn the new HP laptop I just received as my main laptop for my love of music install everything on it and just use my other one for home use and business.
    Now as far as how and what I am going to use.

I have Traktor Pro with the S4 and Trakor with the interface and the turntables. The system I purchased came with a Pioneer DJM 400. I can have it setup as two separate systems running Traktor or setup my turntables to my S4 and sell the DJM 400 and a bunch of other equipment and items I have received. In turn invest it into my home studio.

The other option I don’t know crap about Serato and out of all my friends there are two of us that use it that I know. We have mix sessions and they all have Serato. I could purchase a Rane 62 and setup a Serato system and have the best of both worlds.

So I would want to run Serato/ Traktor on the same HP (not at the same time) & (Same as I would want with my Mac when I do purchase it)

So those are my options and wanted to ask your advice and opinions on what you would do…

Thanks in advance for all your advice and opinions…

2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad