Kontrol F1 or hardware sampler? What do I buy?

Default Kontrol F1 or hardware sampler? What do I buy?

I want to play some samples over my mixing. I don't care about trying to remix or loop, or sample loops, etc. Just adding samples and a few effects is fine by me. So what do I buy? I tried triggering samples with my CMD DC-1 and even with very good latency settings, the response time seems horrible. I don't want to get an F1 and have the same issue. I tend to think it's related to the crappy pads of the DC-1.

I found a Kontrol F1 for $119 Any sampler is going to cost me more, but I want what's going to work well and not suck.

Any opinions are welcome. I am looking at used older samplers and new ones like the Akai MPX16

I want to play some samples over my mixing. I don't care about trying to remix or loop, or sample loops, etc. Just adding samples and a few effects is fine by me. So what do I buy? I tried triggering samples with my CMD DC-1 and even with very good latency settings, the response time seems horrible. I don't want to get an F1 and have the same issue. I tend to think it's related to the crappy pads of the DC-1.
    Are you sure it's not your remix set settings that are not how you want them to be (like quantise for example that is not the same as the quantize function for your decks). Check your manual for more info on that before jumping to conclusions on your hardware.

In all cases the f1 won't be a bad choice.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Are you sure it's not your remix set settings that are not how you want them to be (like quantise for example that is not the same as the quantize function for your decks). Check your manual for more info on that before jumping to conclusions on your hardware.

In all cases the f1 won't be a bad choice.
    Ooops! My mistake. I only used the DC-1 triggering samples in Cross DJ and it was TERRIBLE!!! (I did have Cross set up properly and I get fantastic latency with it. There was lag or bad timing. I couldn't do rapid fire triggering. I didn't try it on Traktor because I hadn't updated to the Windows 7 only version that opens up the remix decks. I guess I should try that first, but I still have a sneaky suspicion that the DC-1 just can't work right. The thing is already selling for $79 some places and I can't even give mine away. All that Behringer hype seems dead now.

I guess in the worst case I could have a much easier time selling the Kontrol F1, so I'll have to try it out and see I guess.

Default Kontrol F1 or Sampler

F1 cheap second hand, awesome unit no question. It does what you want and a lot more if you ever felt adventurous.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Flow View Post
    Ooops! My mistake. I only used the DC-1 triggering samples in Cross DJ and it was TERRIBLE!!! (I did have Cross set up properly and I get fantastic latency with it. There was lag or bad timing. I couldn't do rapid fire triggering. I didn't try it on Traktor because I hadn't updated to the Windows 7 only version that opens up the remix decks. I guess I should try that first, but I still have a sneaky suspicion that the DC-1 just can't work right. The thing is already selling for $79 some places and I can't even give mine away. All that Behringer hype seems dead now.

I guess in the worst case I could have a much easier time selling the Kontrol F1, so I'll have to try it out and see I guess.

if you're into hardware, you may want to hold out for this little guy: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...ng-midi-inout/

maxresdefault.jpg
    "Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
    - Lewis Carroll (Through The Looking Glass)

http://6amGroup.com