Traktor 1.2 recording issues?
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor 1.2 recording issues?

Since Ive upgrade to 1.2 Traktor locks up while recording, when roughly 600 MB is recording it freezes, the audio continues but the GUI locks up. I cant get out of it and it ruins an hours long mix. I always record my sets when I spin at a gig so I can hand out demos and listen to myself for improvement. Not sure why this is happening. What should I be looking for to correct this new problem?

Also what programs are good for recording without depending on traktor? Free ones are always nice, but all options are welcome.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

the recording file usually splits at 600mb, so it could be that it's having trouble creating a new file. you could try and lower the filesize in which it "cuts" (in recording prefs if i remember correctly), and see if it locks up. if you can't find a solution to it, are mixing internally, and are on mac, i recommend audio hijack pro.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Audacity will record anything.

But there's an option to turn off the cut in general, which is what I use
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

I have a HP Laptop 2.5 dual core 3g ddr mem. And I have the cut set for 700 perhaps I could eliminate the cut as Dvls has suggested. Ill also try and use Audacity, is that program better than using Traktor? Will it affect how traktor functions? Or does recording in traktor adversely affect performance?

I'm assuming that recording size in 1.2 can still be set to over 2gb, which gives you around 2 1/2 hours of recording. haven't had a chance to check this, as 1.2 crashes on me after 30 mins
    If its crashing at the cut point, setting it higher should help mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

it crashes before the cut, a good 100 mb before. Im going to try and record internally with the cut set to max and see if that helps. Im really sad that people are experiencing so many crashes with the new version, I hope they patch it soon, I made an amazing mix the other night but cant finish recording it atm. I could downgrade but I was relying on the 4fx decks and the slicer to do it.

Tech Mentor

oh and dvls I cant get audacity to work with the rmx. Until I upgrade to something better I cant use the audio2 since it has bandwidth issues with the rmx (dual usb sound card is a bad thing I guess)

Well in that case i would run through audacity then, i think Dvls uses it to do his recordings actually.
    Apparently a hotfix is in the works, but i think they should have spent another month testing it before releasing yet another lemon. back to good old 1.1.2 for the jesta
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

I cant get audacity to work with my RMX unfortunately, so Ill have to try recording with a higher cut (2 gigs should do it) Hopefully it works.