Playing Traktor S4 at Gigs

Default Playing Traktor S4 at Gigs

i need help wrapping my head around this. I have been a vinyl DJ since 95.... always was and anytime i play out i always use vinyl, i also use traktor scratch pro 2 with vinyl.. no issues...

i own a S4 that i only use in my home studio. here are my thoughts.... i feel as though if i were to play out at a gig with just my MBP and an S4 people gonna look at you like your selling out ? or am i looking at this the wrong way... i know how to beat match on vinyl and well .. .so it's not like i just bought an S4 and started dj'ing use sync all the time and now i know how to beat match...

or

is it pretty acceptable to use that set up these days... i played 2 gigs in the past 2 weeks one all dj's used TT with timecode Traktor / Serato etc .. and one dj used CDJ

the second gig i used TT w/ traktor scratch etc.. then the other dj's just played traktor right off their laptops... syncing away ? ?? at this gig i wanted to bring out the S4 for the first time but decided not to as being old school i still feel like it's selling out ... so my question is and i am really looking for opinions from old school dj's is it selling out by using a computer / and an S4 ???

ohh by the way i play house, trance, breaks, drum & bass etc .... i would really like to hear from everyone !

I been vinyl djing since 1991 and I got an s2 for some gigs. It's defo not selling out but some DJs may frown... but whatever. Haters gonna hate
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Have you tried beatmatching on the S4? Traktor timecode can be used with Sync too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Just because there's a SYNC button it doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. When I was using my S4 out live I hardly had anything gridded and I had a pair of CDJ1000's plugged in with time code CD's for 4 deck control and did everything on the fly.

Currently using X1mk2's when I go to a club and although I get some interesting looks from DJ's who don't know me or what I do (because there's normally a pair of CDJ2000NXS there), most of them don't give a rats about it. I certainly haven't lost any gigs from using controller style setup.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems