don't know what happened to my first post so sorry if it doubles..

ok long story short i been a vinyl dj since 95 however lately i use TSP2 with Vinyl Time code... great !

at home in my studio sometimes i use my S4... i would like to know what old school dj's thoughts and opinions are of using an S4 out at a gig ???

in my head i can't get around the thought that it seems like "selling out" to be using a controller and a computer... but then i think to myself well i know how to beat match i know how to play on CDJ's, Turntables etc.. I don't need to use Sync... so I'm like OK maybe it's not selling out...

however if i didn't know how to beat match or use strictly vinyl etc and i just came straight from guitar center with my shiny new S4 & lap top and started jamming at a gig i feel that would be more selling out... without having the knowledge and or experience of beat matching before all this crazy technology...

so my question is what are your thoughts i would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this... the reason i ask is just this a few of my last gigs it would have just been easier to show up with my S4 and my laptop but i didn't i still opted for TSP2 w/ vinyl

the other 3 dj's and my self used TSP w/ Vinyl then the other 2 dj's played traktor right off their laptops synching away... SMH

so please i would really like to hear from you.

btw i play house, breaks, trance, drum & bass etc ..