Facebook: How important is it for DJs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Default Facebook: How important is it for DJs?

How important do you think having a Facebook page is to a DJ? I've been wanting to delete my account for months but I'm not sure if it's the smartest thing to do. Thoughts on this?

Delete your personal facebook account and create a DJ-specific/only facebook account? Probably would be best to be done even if you keep your personal account and are serious about DJing professionally.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

It's good to have man.

Yes, it's important unless you have another way of networking and interfacing with your fans or if you just want to go old school. It's the biggest platform, "everyone" is on it, it's easy. Even if using Facebook annoys you, at the very least just use it to promote your gigs/mixes/tracks to the people that follow you. You don't need to get all into it if you don't want to, but I would highly recommend at least being on it.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

How many DJ's Facebook pages do YOU visit? I habe a Facebook page, but don't relay maintain it...

They're easy to set up, but they do require maintenance...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

It really depends on where you feel like going with DJing. If you want to mostly do private events where there is no promotion required on your part, you probably will not need it at all. If you want to release material, play gigs locally/globally, etc. then it is an invaluable tool. Its amazing for staying in touch with fans, for promoting new stuff and for networking.

Promotion and staying in touch with fans is obvious, but people often overlook the network organization capabilities of facebook. I've been using it a lot while travelling to set up gigs and meet people to work with on my EP. Say your travelling to France. You can type in "friends who live in France" and it will show you how many people from your network live in that area. Again, if you want to stick to local gigs you probably don't need a facebook, although I would argue that it would still be a great tool to use at that level. If you are planning on releasing and touring then its an absolute must to have.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Tech Wizard

I honestly think Instagram and Twitter are the best social medias to have. If you have a lot of friends on FB then I'd recommend forwarding them your Twitter and Instagram for them to spread the word out about you.

Tech Guru

Well, I mean I gotta do SOMETHING between pressing the sync button, might as well snoop on other peoples private lives I guess.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Well, I mean I gotta do SOMETHING between pressing the sync button, might as well snoop on other peoples private lives I guess.
    Not everyone uses the sync button, unless you're this guy www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3v3fsdZM0‎

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    Not everyone uses the sync button, unless you're this guy www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3v3fsdZM0‎
    I don't think I've heard anything that bad in quite some time. Jesus. That sounds like me when I'm cocking around with my remix sets and end up with a ton of different off key/rhythm samples after I've finished my mix. I play around with the clips for about 4 minutes and wonder "What the hell was I doing?".
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast