MIK & Traktor

Thread: MIK & Traktor

Tech Wizard

Default MIK & Traktor

Hey, I have just purchased MIK and analysed my tracks. Its giving totally different results than Tarktor Pro 2 that I just recently bought ,so MIK seems far more accurate.

Just wondering for those who use MIK and Traktor. When I analyse a track in MIK and put in Traktor, when I play that track for the first time, traktor will analyse it too and subsequently overwrite the MIK key with its own key.

So am I best enabling analysis lock on all my tracks as soon as I transfer from MIK to Traktor?

I then can Analyse(Async) and select beatgrid to auto analyse beatgrids without affecting my MIK key?

Just wondering is this the best practice or do you guys do something different?

Thanks a lot

Tech Mentor

Traktor will actually use the key that's already in the file to base its key on. Try a few tracks and compare the keys of Traktor and MIK, they're exactly the same. Only the notation is different (1m=8A for instance).

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    Traktor will actually use the key that's already in the file to base its key on. Try a few tracks and compare the keys of Traktor and MIK, they're exactly the same. Only the notation is different (1m=8A for instance).
    Thanks a lot for the reply Scalage.

Ive analysed all my tracks in MIK and when I copy straight from MIK to Traktor it appears in m and d notation. Not A and B as is in MIK, so Im presuming this is fine? (Although oddly 1 track is in A and another is in B, the rest are in m and d notation)

What Fields do you use? I have Key and Key Text fields side by side to compare but they give different results. Am I as well just ignoring the Key column and focusing soling on the Key Text column as it would appear most accurate?

(In Traktor preferences I have "Displayed in Traktor=Open Key" and "Written to file tags= Key Text)

After purchasing MIK I just want to make sure I'm using it correctly, so any help is really appreciated. Thanks agaon.

Tech Mentor

As I said, the notation is different for the same key (1m=8A).