Any one mixing with a regular studio mixing desk not a dj mixer.
    Tech Mentor

Default Any one mixing with a regular studio mixing desk not a dj mixer.

As I collect more outboard gear synths etc I am after a studio mixer I was wondering if any one was using one to dj as well.

Some mixers come with stereo channels the only real issue I see is the lack of a cross fader.

I've seen it done but it's overkill.

Think modeselektors live show they do it with stems and shit going into a desk

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by slinkydisc View Post
    As I collect more outboard gear synths etc I am after a studio mixer I was wondering if any one was using one to dj as well.

Some mixers come with stereo channels the only real issue I see is the lack of a cross fader.
    used to do this for mix shows on college radio a long time ago - two 1200s going into standalone phono preamps going into a Soundcraft 200b - since this only had mono channels you had to fade a pair of channels at a time.

Tech Mentor

I remember mixing like that on PBS in Melbourne Australia before they got 1200's.

They had these amazing Technics SP10 MK2 turntables with a start button wired into the desk when I have the time and the funds I want to get one of those decks and fit a nice tone arm with it.