i am currently ussing sony vaio vpceb3m1e
    2011 model
    intel core i3 2,4 ghz
    4gb ram
    ATI radeon graphics
    500gb HDD
    windows home premium 64bit

i use pioneer ddj t1

my pc is optimized for full power on graphics proccesor also usb setting etc, running only the needed applications to start up and its being used only for djing. also on bios options c3/c6 support etc disabled. all are running full power and latency check done with latency mon running more than 2 hours results was maximum latency 120μs and average 90μs.

traktor was running fine for 3-4 (10-20 gigs) months using the version 2.6.4 then i had some issues with waveform freezing and music stop playing. i check my logs found an error when loading a track.

i've been told from NI support staff to update to 2.6.8 as this was a known issue and had been fixed.

i've did so, the error in log now gone. but last night when i was playing after a 6 hours of gig deck B waveform froze similar to a froze i had in 2.6.4 which i recorded traktors behavior after the freeze occurred. the music that is heard on video is from other backup pc.

after that froze in waveform happens, traktor and ddj t1 seem to communicate without problem, all knobs buttons jogwheels work instantly without delay(you can see in the video that i move the jogwheel and tempo changing) but music dont come out and waveform is stuck or moving like goin in slow motion but still no sound comes out.
    this is solved after i restart traktor. not my controller or my lappy.traktor even closes normal without any warning about stucking or something not goin well.
    i am sure that its not a latency issue cause my latency is no more than 120μs.

i am really mad that i cannot perform how i should be. i really like traktor but that cannot happen again.

i have contacted NI support, we are in touch for like 1 month or so but we didnt find something more than updating to 2.6.8 that still gives me the problem.

besides that sometimes when loading a song the GUI goes laggy for a sec or 2 and then it comes back to normal. during this the audio is playing without any issues. my graphics setting are set to max.

i never have audio glitches delays or so. when this happens sound stops immediately.

this happens on both 256 sample size (happened the first day after 6 hours i got the sample size from 512 to 256) but it have happened on 512 sample size also.

so, i have now made my sample size to 1024. i hope this will solve the problem, last night i've played with no problems, except the graphic stuck sometimes when loading a song.

finally i am very familiar with technology and computers, i've studied in informatics institute of technology, also i am currently servicing mobile phones,lappy's,pc's,even midi controllers.

i could really use your help cause i am out of ideas, please dont tell me buy a Macbook cause i am sick of this.

regards George B.

When Traktor is started, open the Windows Task Manager (press Shift+Ctrl+Esc). Select the Processes tab. Find the traktor.exe process. Right click on the process. Select Affinity and set the process only to CPU1, leaving CPU0 unchecked.

The problem is caused by a Windows kernel mode timing problem and very hard to resolve unless you're an IT Pro. Had this twice in a short time and made me buy a MacBook Air. Never had any problems with that setup (and I'm not an Apple fanboy, computers are all Windows based and phones are Android).

Tech Wizard

What is cpu temp, is it stable ?
    Is hdd filled up with to many files, or to slow rpm ?
    Does ext controller have its own power supply or is it powered by usb?

Look internet "Throttlestop utility" to make cpu work at locked clockspeed to make cpu temp = constant airflow inside pc
    Its free and I have used this utility the last couple of years on both my music pc´s and my gaming desktop. Use on own risk :-)
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/hard...guide-206.html

Tech Wizard

What is cpu temp, is it stable ?
    Is hdd filled up with to many files, or to slow rpm ?
    Does ext controller have its own power supply or is it powered by usb?

Look internet "Throttlestop utility" to make cpu work at locked clockspeed to make cpu temp = constant airflow inside pc
    Its free and I have used this utility the last couple of years on both my music pc´s and my gaming desktop. Use on own risk :-)
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/hard...guide-206.html
    i dont like experiments in my dj laptop. and i dont think i really need that cpu throttle program.

i dont know my exact cpu temp cause its not shown on my poor bios and i dont like to use a 3rd party program.

i've checked my HDD temp using hard disk sentinel pro and its about 33-38 C.

also my laptop is always on laptop stand, fans inside laptop working and it have good airflow.

its not about temprature because if it was the whole laptop would freeze. now only my traktor waveform on one deck gets frozen. traktor even closes normal without any error windows poppin or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleurhutje View Post
    When Traktor is started, open the Windows Task Manager (press Shift+Ctrl+Esc). Select the Processes tab. Find the traktor.exe process. Right click on the process. Select Affinity and set the process only to CPU1, leaving CPU0 unchecked.

The problem is caused by a Windows kernel mode timing problem and very hard to resolve unless you're an IT Pro. Had this twice in a short time and made me buy a MacBook Air. Never had any problems with that setup (and I'm not an Apple fanboy, computers are all Windows based and phones are Android).
    u've confused me, u want me to make traktor work with a specific cpu core? if so , why disable cpu 0 and not cpu1 the problem is cause by the cpu 0? my laptop has 4 cpu threads.

if i disable this i should remove ->enable multicore proccess in traktor? i've seen that my traktor on task manager its on normal priority. should i make it REAL TIME or High priority?

the graphic stuck is caused by this or the sound problem?

thanks for your time.

Tech Wizard

PS: my HDD have more than half space free.

CPU0 handles the kernel mode of Windows, including network traffic and other hardware. By offloading the Traktor thread from that cpu core, Traktor will not suffer from DMA requests made bij oher hardware.

And it's correct you need tomdisable multi-core in Traktor. When problems are gone, you can enable the multi-core and assign all cpu's except CPU0. Leave the priority at normal.

Audio is a real-time process and Windows isn't made to work with real-time (or threads with real-time priority). This might cause high latencies or even crashing of buffers and applications.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sleurhutje View Post
    CPU0 handles the kernel mode of Windows, including network traffic and other hardware. By offloading the Traktor thread from that cpu core, Traktor will not suffer from DMA requests made bij oher hardware.

And it's correct you need tomdisable multi-core in Traktor. When problems are gone, you can enable the multi-core and assign all cpu's except CPU0. Leave the priority at normal.

Audio is a real-time process and Windows isn't made to work with real-time (or threads with real-time priority). This might cause high latencies or even crashing of buffers and applications.
    i've checked that by my self. almost all appz are running on CPU 00. but traktor was using the other cpu's (although it had all cpu's enabled.) as i check it in task manager.

i didnt understand, why disable traktor multicore process ? if i'll be using the other 3 threads. cpu 1 - 2 - 3 ?

also the affinity is not permanent. is there any way to make it stay pernanent? i found a program called prio, but thats for priority save. any ideas?

here is my Latency mon results. i think that i have no latency problems at all...do you agree?Latmon1.jpgLatmon2.jpgLatmon3.jpgLatmon4.jpg

still the only things i havent done yet was use : adjust best perfomance for background services, (i've enabled it today and i found traktor running smoother, or its just my idea...) also i think the sample size was small, (had it 512 then went 256 and stuck the same day) now i've made it 1024. and the CPU affinity. i didnt made cpu affinity yet. all the others settings are maximized for traktor performance and low latency.

3 gigs in a row 6hours at least each of them, still no problems. affinity is at default setting still.

Default Traktor 2.6.8 Audio glitch/lag/freeze when needle jumping

I'm experiencing major audio lag issues:
    Mac 10.7.5
    Built-in Audio
    320 latency = overall 9.3 ms (Load Meter: Not even halfway)
    Playing AIFF files
    Internal Mixing
    Just using a mouse to click
    While a track is playing there aren't any issues. It's when I try and click (with my mouse) on the waveform (essentially a needle drop) to jump to a different part in the song that the problem appears. When I click the waveform the audio will continue playing the earlier section of the song that I jumped from as if I hadn't clicked the wave form. Visually, the play marker does jump but, the waveform is extremely blurry and completely useless, aside from the fact it's not actually playing the blurry audio. I've confirmed that if I don't do anything the audio never catches up with the visual waveform on screen. It's only when I click again on the wave form (Needle drop section) that the audio will catch up with the visual waveform and it comes back to focus.

Here is a video demonstration of the problem......anyone with a mac can record their screen with Quicktime fyi:

Tech Wizard

that thing happens also on windows. its a known traktor bug. i've contacted the support team.

that thing happens with my DDJ T1 and windows 7 laptop. it happens when u jump across a song.

on my case it happens when i search the song using SHIFT + JOGWHEEL. that i mapped manually. when i use needle search function (its on my t1) it never happens. when u jump, stop the song. u will see that it must be blurry backwards and clear waveform onwards but the opposite thing happens. if u move a bit the waveform back to the non foggy part it clears the way front.

i think using the hotcues to jump doesnt make that problem. but using ur mouse its the only way to clear the waveform.

That behaviour is very inconsistent. Sometimes Traktor accepts one mouse click to needle drop. On occasions it jumps back to the last set que point or mouse position. If you click and keep the mouse button down on the needle search part, a new position is set. You can now see a beatgrid countdown from to actual playing position to the new point. Click once more on the needle search bar and the playing position will jump to the newly set position.

Looks like a feature and not a bug. However, sometimes this feature fails to function properly.