Question on (simple) DMX programming - what is possible?

Default Question on (simple) DMX programming - what is possible?

Hi everybody,

I am new to this and have a question on DMX programming (with dedicated control or computer interface - they do pretty much the same, correct?) - is it for complete control of fixture (what to do, when and for how long), or some tweaking the default behaviour (e.g. run in automatic sound-active mode, but do not strobe, etc)?

The light is Chauvet Swarm 5 FX (here is the manual and list of commands: http://www.chauvetlighting.com/produ...Rev1_ML_WO.pdf) and the major concern that in automatic sound-active mode it seems to use the strobe slightly too much to my taste.

So can I program it to dim (or disable) the strobe, and keep going on automatic program at the same time? And have 2nd unit as slave repeating after the first?
    So the setup is: 2 units, one is master and runs in sound-active mode with tweaked dimmed (or disabled completely) strobe, and second is repeating after first - can this be done?

If not - then I'd either go with Chauvet Swarm 4 (they are the same in moonflower effect, correct?), or get the Chauvet Swarm 5 FX and just put some scotch tape to dim the strobe and/or the laser - when needed.

Thank you!

You will not be able to change the automatic or sound active programs themselves via DMX. You can change which program is active though, so maybe there is one that doesn't use the strobe as much as the others?