Denver Area, Colorado

Default Denver Area, Colorado

Hey all!!

I am relocating soon to the Denver area (more than likely Littleton) in the near future and I'm curious what is up there? I know about Beta Nigthclub and Red Rocks, but that is about it. I am 19 right now so I'm looking for 18-19+ parties and venues.

So you in the Denver area, what's up? What are some good parties, what are some good venues? Looking to network and get to know some people when I get down there!

Cheers, Ian.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

What kind of music do you play?

Don't know about 18-19+ parties, but Norad is a good club as is Milk/Bar Standard. Club Vinyl's also on the way up since they installed a new sound system. Funky Buddha, Milk and Opal are good spots to start out and start getting known from what I've seen. I know the guys that run a Thursday night at Opal and they DJ around town. (they're mostly Tech House/Techno though) Shoot me a PM and I can introduce you some Thursday once you get into town. What happens from there is on you...

You'll need a younger whipper snapper than me to get the 18/19 year old parties.

Oh, and Littleton sucks unless you're married and have 2.3 kids.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I'd be interested in meeting up too! Just getting around to looking to possibly pull together a monthly. I was specifically targeting Norad as I know some of the folks there but they just announced on their FB page that their building was sold and they are closing towards the end of May, so time to look at some alternative venues. The suggestions above are all pretty good as well.
    Current Gear: TSP, Macbook Pro, VCI-400, Ipad: Lemur, TDJ, Audio2, V-Moda M-100

Formerly Owned Gear (Feel free to ask opinions): Technics 1200, DJM-600, Midi Fighter Classic, Korg Zero4, Denon DN-X1600, Denon DN-MC6000, V-Moda Crossfade LP, ATH-M50

Shoot me a PM Bruiser. You may already know the Opal Thursday night crew? If not, we can stop by and I can introduce ya.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    What kind of music do you play?

Don't know about 18-19+ parties, but Norad is a good club as is Milk/Bar Standard. Club Vinyl's also on the way up since they installed a new sound system. Funky Buddha, Milk and Opal are good spots to start out and start getting known from what I've seen. I know the guys that run a Thursday night at Opal and they DJ around town. (they're mostly Tech House/Techno though) Shoot me a PM and I can introduce you some Thursday once you get into town. What happens from there is on you...

You'll need a younger whipper snapper than me to get the 18/19 year old parties.

Oh, and Littleton sucks unless you're married and have 2.3 kids.
    I play mostly hard electro, a little festival/top40 shit, and I'm getting back into Tech/Deep sort of stuff. Mainly Electro.

I'd love to meet up with you when I get there and I say Littleton because I have family there, have enjoyed the area in the past, I know the area somewhat from my trips there and it's near work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser Smith View Post
    I'd be interested in meeting up too! Just getting around to looking to possibly pull together a monthly. I was specifically targeting Norad as I know some of the folks there but they just announced on their FB page that their building was sold and they are closing towards the end of May, so time to look at some alternative venues. The suggestions above are all pretty good as well.
    Meeting up sounds great! Nice to know there are at least two friendly faces open to meeting me there with some experience in the market. I'm not to terribly worried about playing regularly while I'm there as I just got off of a year's residency where I am now and I really want to get in to production for a year before I relocate again. I'd never say no to a reasonable spot though!
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU