My Introduction

Thread: My Introduction

Tech Convert

Default My Introduction

Thought i better throw up an introduction thread seen as i've been browsing for a few weeks now and want to start contributing something to the forum

I'm 27 and live in Scotland. I've been "DJing" on and off since i was 16. Started off with some belt drive Gemini's (if i remember correctly) and a little 2 channel mixer thinking i wanted to mix all sorts of drum n' bass then realised it was an actual nightmare to learn and discovered an unexpected love of scratching and hip hop. Bought a set of Citronic direct drive decks and eventually a Vestax mixer and messed about on them, mostly scratching and beat juggling but still mixing some house then my boss at work mentioned he done a bit of production on his PC. I listened to some of his tracks and loved them (they were heavily influenced by Sasha and Leftfield which was cool) so i started messing around with Cubase and Reason 2.5 at the time. He helped guide me through plugins etc and i got a 49 key Evolution keyboard (MIDI at the time, don't think USB had even scratched the surface at this point ). Eventually met a girl and before i knew it i hadn't touched the decks or the keyboard in years and they were sold off as we moved in together and had no room for them

However towards the end of last year i decided it was time to get back to it. All i really listen to nowadays is tech / deep house so the only natural thing for me to do was to grab a MIDI controller, get the laptop back on and get back to what i love! Got myself a little Numark Mixtrack Pro II and been having great fun with Traktor. Maybe just because i've been out the game so long but i'm loving the possibilities now what with loading MP3's at the press of a button, all the effects etc it's great. Though the sync button is a step too far for this bear. I'll be sticking to good ole' fashioned beatmatching a thank you Also been messing around a little with Ableton with a small 25 key keyboard i borrowed from a guy at work and am enjoying getting to grips with that.

Anyway hope that hasn't bored you all and it's great to be part of what seems like a really good forum.

Cheers

Cheers! And Welcome