So I've been going through all my older trance tunes from the late 90s, early 2000s and putting together a series of mixes that reflect different themes or times from my early clubbing days. It's a very slow process- part 1 was done about 18 months ago, part 2 last summer, and part 3 a couple of evenings ago! But fitting them in with all the other genres I mix does take time- and as DJing is largely just a hobby (albeit an obsessive one) there are always other things cropping up.

Anyway, this one is part-3 (1 & 2 are also available on my soundcloud page).

This mix was mostly vinyl as most of my classic trance is in this format. 3 (I think) of the tracks were played from mp3 versions of their vinyl originals- purely because I couldn't locate the actual records quick enough and knew I had 'digitalised' a few of my vinyl collection a few years ago. But the quality of most of these wasn't great so I prefer to use the actual vinyl where possible.

It ended up stretching out to almost 2 hours- the longest (largely) vinyl set I've recorded, purely as I lost track of time as I was playing! Always a good sign when you are mixing though :dance:

It isn't entirely without incident- one of the tracks skipped but luckily it skipped to a largely similar part of the record so it's not hugely obvious. And secondly I messed up the transition into Southern Sun towards the end (I brought it in too early so there is a key clash) which almost made me not post the mix, but I figured for a 2 hour vinyl mix (done entirely live with no post-processing) the odd hic-up is pretty inevitable without re-doing it ten or twenty times over.

Also, I know there are only 15 tracks in almost 2 hours- if you prefer quick 3-4 minute tracks then a transition, this mix is probably not for you! However this is very much my preference when it comes to these classic trance tracks, I hate having them rushed and some of the extended edits really do deserve to be heard in their entirety so I make no apology for that.

A few of these tracks are a bit more well known and are touching upon the more commercial releases of the early 2000s. I've tried to keep the cut-off around there as I have a storming collection of tracks from around 2002-03 which I consider to be the golden era of commercial trance, which will be getting into mixed format for another installment!

Tracklist:

1) Marc et Claude - I Need your Lovin' (Original Mix)
2) The Space Brothers - Everywhere I Go (Original Mix)
3) Three Drives - Sunset On Ibiza (Original Mix)
4) Timo Maas - Der Scheiber (Rapid Eye Remix)
5) Svenson & Gielen - The Beauty of Silence (Original Extended)
6) Sureal - You Take my Breath Away (Lange Remix)
7) Lange - Follow Me (Thrillseekers Remix)
8) Matt Darey [Feat. Marcella Woods] - Beautiful (Original Mix)
9) Ralph Fridge - Angel (Club Mix)
10) Rank 1 - Airwave (Original Mix)
11) DJ Sakin - Protect Your Mind (Original Mix)
12) 4 Strings - Into the Night (Original Mix)
13) Stage One - Space Manoeuvres (Orkidea Mix)
14) Lost Witness - Happiness Happening (Lange Remix)
15) Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun (Tiesto Remix)
16) Conjure One - Sleep (Ian Van Dahl Remix)
17) Fragma - Everytime You Need Me (Original Mix)
18) Chicane - Autumn Tactics (Thrillseekers Remix)

Anyway, enjoy! :tup: