Your thoughts on the new DJTT knobs/faders ?

Default Your thoughts on the new DJTT knobs/faders ?

Just thought i would give everyone my honest thoughts on the new knobs/fader we have in the store

At first on the site i have to be honest, i was a bit "wtf" they look kinda ugly when they were first announced on the site going from the pics. However in person and definitely in use the are actually are pretty well decent, getting them under UV light will be interesting i think thats when they will really look at their best.

What i like about them most to be honest is that they are nice and chunky !!! The normal knobs on the VCI-100 are a little small for quick rapid changes or even just easily making quick fine adjustments, the new knobs are chunky which makes that a lot easier to do fine tuning quite quickly. Sure this could be seen as nit picking, as the original knobs do the job alright - the black rubberised ones at least, i am not a big fan of the plastic grey knobs (I have an original silver modded VCI w/arcade buttons - from back in the days before even the first VCI-100 SE existed).

Cant wait to get them under UV light and check em out that way !

For the price of $19 they are reaaaaly hard to beat, if you look at knobs and faders from other sites you will quickly realize that knobs and faders are expensive, and when you are getting this many the cost really starts to add up ! I encourage people to research this to see for yourselves.

Interested in hearing what you guys who have bought these faders and knobs think Feel free to share your thoughts, good or bad.

Any tried these out or know if these will work on a hercules RMX?
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

I talked to Ean about making a list for the store of compatible devices and he said he thinks a trip to guitar center is in order to try them on as many devices as they will let us !

=D so more info on that soon

I have mixed feelings. At first glance I thought they look unattractive, but with some crazy neon painting on the jog wheels they might be pretty cool. On a plain black VCI-100 though...meh. They seem out of place.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

Tech Guru

id love black knobs on my rmx

let me know if they work out ean!
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm debating on repainting my jogs a matching color and painting a new overlay straight black. maybe getting a biohazard symbol stenciled onto my VCI... heh
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

I want to order the full set haha. Will get around to it ASAP.

I don't care what they look like, I just care about functionality.

Bento, you said that they're chunkier which is obvious from the pics. Does that lead to problems when turning a knob that's between two other knobs though?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I talked to Ean about making a list for the store of compatible devices and he said he thinks a trip to guitar center is in order to try them on as many devices as they will let us !

=D so more info on that soon

You could always just send me a sample to "try" on my rmx.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Black knobs with white indicator lines in the chunky format would be fantastic. the black on white seems out of place with the black overlay imho.

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    Bento, you said that they're chunkier which is obvious from the pics. Does that lead to problems when turning a knob that's between two other knobs though?
    I haven't personally had any issues with this