Why the double standards
    Tech Wizard

Default Why the double standards

I dont seem to understand some djs now a days. A lot complain that "oh, controllerist are not real djs cause they use a laptop and have everything there!" or "playing on cdjs doesnt make you a real dj!" but then I see the same djs have two turntables while using a laptop right in front of them as well with everything there. Whose to say whose a Dj and whose not? How can a turntablist vs a controllerist have any difference when a laptop is right there in front of them? are you going to tell me that rotating platters will make you "better" or more "legit"? idk guys, i dont think its fair for us to look down upon other djs for their methods and how they provide their music to crowds. i think at the end of the day, we should all look at each others talents and learn from each other. I personally try using all of them!

It's just another excuse for wack djs to justify their wackness.

There used to be the argument that vinyl and cdj purists had to beatmatch because there wasn't sync available. Recently serato has added sync tho.

Over here it doesn't matter what you use, its all about what u play and how u play it.

Tech Wizard

To me, a DJ is about understanding music, the flow and programming a good set etc (whether you do this consciously or not). It is about that in-depth understanding and knowledge of music and having that instinct of what track will sound good next and where/how to drop it in.

What gear you use to achieve this is irrelevant. Turtables were a technological development over gramaphones at one point, just as CDJs and software have been since. Nobody is right or more pure in my eyes, it is simply down to personal choice and what better fits your workflow to deliver your music as you want.