From Traktor to MixVibes

Default From Traktor to MixVibes

Hi all,

I've been looking for a solution to stick with a single workflow between my Rekordbox collection and my Traktor collection, so I can play on Rekordbox CDJs if they are there, and timecode if not, without having to manage two libraries.

I have been using RekordBuddy which is great but I'd rather keep everything native, I've got a few gripes with Traktor.

I only found out recently that MixVibes, who also make Rekordbox, provide a cheap DVS system which works with any sound card (one of my gripes with Traktor, would be nice to use DVS without an external soundcard on my DB:4) and integrates natively with Rekordbox.

Has anyone made the move to MixVibes from Traktor, if so what were your impressions?

Attached Images Attached Images
    My setup:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2012 w Traktor Scratch Pro + Traktor Audio 6 / 2x Pioneer CDJ 2000 NXS
    2x Technics 1200 MK2 / A&H Xone DB:4 / 2x KRK Rokit 5 RP2s

Nothing wrong with MV. Perfectly capable DVS system, and a really nice UI. It was my first DVS, and I still have the orange vinyl V2B vinyl somewhere!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Agree with patch here. I've been switching between Traktor and Mixvibes for a few months now, and I do prefer the UI and layout of Mixvibes to Traktor, plus it has cool things like smart playlists and other stuff that traktor doesn't have which I really like.

The only problem (well it's not really a problem, just a bit different) that I have with Mixvibes is it's autoplaylist. I just can't seem to get my head round how it works.... traktor's was easy, play a song one one deck, press the cruise button and it would just continue playing the playlist. Probably not a dealbreaker for you, and I'll probably just get used to it eventually and fully switch over from Traktor to Mixvibes.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    The only problem (well it's not really a problem, just a bit different) that I have with Mixvibes is it's autoplaylist. I just can't seem to get my head round how it works.... traktor's was easy, play a song one one deck, press the cruise button and it would just continue playing the playlist. Probably not a dealbreaker for you
    Yeah I never used this feature in Traktor anyway haha. I agree though mate the UI is so clean and fast (been toying with the demo version), really like it so far. Is the DVS control as tight as they say it is?

One of the things I really need to know is if you can switch between control vinyl/CD and direct thru as per Serato and Traktor, as that's a feature I really do use all the time.

Peace and props for the responses
    My setup:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2012 w Traktor Scratch Pro + Traktor Audio 6 / 2x Pioneer CDJ 2000 NXS

I used to do it with some splitter cables, and just use the Line/Phono selector on the mixer.

Split the TT rca out into 2. 1 set going to the mixer (phono) and one set going to your sound card (line), with the output from your sound card going to the line on the mixer). Just flip between phono & line for DVS or real vinyl.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Patch you ledge.

Does that wreck / lower the volume of the sound at all? Obvs TTs put out low level signal anyway
    My setup:

I switched 100% to Mixvibes Cross about a year ago. I have not used DVS ever so can't comment on that. I really love playing at a local club (only one in my country that has CDJ 2000) and only need to bring my Laptop.
    big + with Cross is that it has HID support from all Pioneer CDJ's from 350 to 2000 nexus. The library is miles better then Traktor the new futures that get added quite often are always (mostly) useful stuff not just gimmick stuff that only a handful will need.
    And they absolutely listen to their customers
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

No - but you will have to adjust the level of your soundcard to match the real vinyl. Not a problem, and good practice anyway.

That way, you don't have to adjust the gain on the mixer when flipping between line and phonology.