Recommend Some Techno/Tech-House Labels For A Recent Convert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommend Some Techno/Tech-House Labels For A Recent Convert

Hi guys, so we are doing a big halloween party this month and i'm doing techno stuff for a change, as we have 3 Psytrance, 2 Proggy and maybe some DnB guys playing with us also, and i seem to be the most diverse in the crew as far as stylee goes. (Short Straw )
    I've been listening to electronica for over 16 years but to be honest i'm a bit behind the 8 ball as far as techno goes these days. Whats good, Whats Shite? I know with electro its 99.9% shite but thats another story. Really digging on the Tech-House & Minimal side of things at the moment. Seeing vids of Richie, Marco, my hero Carl etc has definitely piqued my interest in this stuff. I have some stuff off the Minus label and some others, and have about 250 odd tracks now. Mainly the grittier, percussive type tracks i'm after.
    Any of you Tech experts point me toward some good labels/producers etc? I feel like a bull in a china shop with this stuff lol.
    Regards and Blessings, j
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Teggno Records << self plug
    Minus
    Cocoon
    303Lovers
    Frequenza
    minibus
    Hotfingers
    Mad Hatter
    Tronic
    drumcode
    8 sided dice

My honest advice is if you don't know anything about the genre then just hit up the tech house top 100 on beatport... I hate to say that cause i am against shopping that way, but for you i think it would be the best way to get some decent tracks. Also check out some of the dj's top 1 charts... Again, i don't think shopping this way is a good habit to get into, but when you are playing something you don't really know this is probably your best bet.

here are some dj's picks that may help ya...

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...er%20Selection

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...ctober%20Chart

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...20October%2010

Hey dude

Love to see some tech/techno interest

I have on my soundcloud 5 mixes, all tech house and techno. Tjeck it out:
    http://soundcloud.com/madsmission

A few label recomendations:

Tech House:
    Get Physical Music
    Cadenza
    Cecille/Cecille Numbers
    LoMidHigh
    Wagon repair

Techno:
    Ostgut Ton
    Klockworks
    Ovum Recordings
    Echocord Colour

For techno you've got : "54 London" & "SCI + TEC"...
    + all the ones already listed

Wicked, cheers guys!
    lol i almost feel embarrassed askin for advise on this stuff as i was boppinn to sven vath and co way back in the day am familiar with a few of the labels mentioned but have a lot to learn i guess. also we have been booked to do a techno/prog goa type party in town in the next couple of weeks and i have a mix due in a few days so i best get studyin
    Don't get me wrong when it comes to prog/goa/psytrance i can mix that stuff in my sleep and on any pharmaceutical you can mention lmao, i'm actually really psyched about puttting another notch in the genre belt.
    thanks again for the help. j
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Freude am Tanzen
    Kompakt
    Terminal M

Gritty !! Proper Techno !! ... Look up Artists Bas Mooy, Exium, Reeko then look at there labels.

Bring back proper techno!!! Seriousley the Beatport techno Top 10 really isnt techno. Its minimal/tech house.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I'm loving everything dirtybird and mothership are putting out (Claude VonStroke's labels)
    more on the tech-house side but

I'm also diggin the CLR guys too like Emerson Todd, D-Nox & Beckers and ofcourse Chris Liebing

for tracks check out &ME - +++ for minimal and Luca Luzano - Berlinetta for tech house
    fart.

Tech Wizard

TOOLROOM KNIGHTS!! simply amazing releases ranging from techno to prog house

Trapez is pretty good for minimal tech stuff (Riley Reinhold, Steve Barnes, Remute)
    Frosty (Minilogue and a few others
    Traum (Minilogue, Extrawelt)
    Poker Flat (Steve Bug, Trentemoller, Alex Under)
    Mobile (Jennifer Cardini, Anja Shneider)
    Freak n Chic (Shonky)
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast