Traktor 2.6.7 on Mac just hung, and now my playlist is missing

Default Traktor 2.6.7 on Mac just hung, and now my playlist is missing

I was hoping to find an existing thread about this particular issue. I'm trying to find out if there is some method I can use to go back day and grab this playlist. I've tried using time machine, which normally works great, but he "Collections" file seems to be missing from last night.

Is it possible that the Collections file is only updated on quit? That would be unthinkable, but.. it could be that I worked for 8 hours on tagging, commenting, and fixing 350 songs only to lose them all with one crash.

Please do me a solid and explain it like I'm 5. What do I need to do to get my playlist back or even just the meta data I lost.

Thanks,

Jeff

meta data should not be a problem as it's saved in the mp3 file. in your document/ Native Instruments folder there should be backups of your collection.nml files try importing the newest of them. you probable lost the playlists that you did last time (those 8 hours)

P.S. you should update to 2.6.8 as loosing playlists was the main reason for the update release of 2.6.8
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

That really sucks man. I had a gig the other weekend and a fellow Traktor DJ was telling me he had lost all of his playlists as well

I'm still on 2.6.2 (Traktor Scratch Pro)..... However, I think 2.5.1 was the most stable by far (for me at least). I'm running a mid 2009 MacBook Pro. 2.53 Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 w/ 8GB of RAM. Should I update to 2.6.8? If I do, it won't be until after May 16th. Have a gig.

Thanks guys.
    Soundcloud @ http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-sved
    Twitter @ https://twitter.com/djsved
    DJM 900 Nexus
    Two Traktor X1s

Tech Guru

Definitely upgrade to 2.6.8 to avoid any further issues.