Counterpoint 2014 Recap!!

Default Counterpoint 2014 Recap!!

So i got to go to the Counterpoint 2014 festival hosted in NorthWest Georgia.

Great atmosphere, great people, good weather and awesome music!

Heres who I saw and what I thought of their sets.

Outkast- What can i say, this show was like 10 years in the making, they played for at least 2 hours, played every hit, Even Sleepy Brown performed a bunch of songs with them. They had awesome visuals and they sounded EXACTLY the same as they did 15 years ago. Just Terrific

Pretty Lights- Really good set, Derek played for like 2 hours and really jamed out. He had the FULL band with him, and they played a few new tracks that I had never heard. Super trippy lasers and visuals. It was pretty packed.

A-Trak- Damm he really rocked it out!! even though it was in the middle of the day and super hot, we dances our asses off for an hour and a half! Tons of scratching and beat juggling. Just dropping all kinds of crazy tracks, super funky. He dropped a pretty good bid of Duck Sauce stuff too. Not a ton of ppl at this one, so we had plenty of room to dance.

Boys Noize- Ehhh, I have always been a fan of Boys Noize, but his set was a little lackluster. He dropped all his new bass stuff, and collabs with Skrillix. It was kind of a generic show. Seemed like he wasnt into it either. Whatever.

Kill Paris- Never seen him live, but wow a very cool and danceable set. Dropping some very funky electro house. It was alot of fun. He played a few cool sing alongs so that was cool. He dropped this insane remix of the "Bill Nye the Science Guy" theme song that was just insane!!! Overall very good

Big Gigantic- I have never been into all that funky bass and trap stuff with the saxophone, but Big G changed my mind, it was really fun and groovin. I think its cool that alot of producers are bringing in live instruments onstage. They played for like an hour and a half. Definitly worth going to see.

Krewella- aaahahaha total shit. Total generic dubstep and trap top 40 radio bullshit. The guy was nit there, only the two girls. Everything was premixed, and their voices were terrible, it was kind of a joke, but all the 18 yr olds were raging to it, whatever.

The Floozies- this was a band, damm they were awesome. I had never seen them, but went on a whim, and they were really fun. They just rocked and the stuff was very dance-able. I would recommend seeing them. They also did a cover of Toto's "Africa" that tore the roof off!!!

Major Lazer- This was a fun shot, im not really into all that trap stuff, but they really turned it out! Diplo actually showed up for this one. They did like alot of theatrical stuff, like bring chicks up onstage to shake their asses, and crowd surfing and random stuff like that. Riff Raff even showed up for a suprice appearence and rapped a few of his songs. It was kinda cool. Their mixing was really on point too, great song choices.

Griz- GRIZ KILLED IT!!!! This set was on point!! just dropping funk bombs all over the place. He had the street cred to just be dropping Bee-Gees and so much other disco bull shit it was sick!! He played the Sax a ton, and had good interaction with the crowd. His bass was kickin, and it just blew our minds. Definitely DON'T MISS GRIZ if he comes to town.

All things considered, it was freakin great!! We did miss alot of shows, but thats just because our minds were having trouble staying on the earth.....

I'm on the far right in the picture.

10253938_10152379796621838_4244686592869558111_n.jpg

Krewella- aaahahaha total shit. Total generic dubstep and trap top 40 radio bullshit. The guy was nit there, only the two girls. Everything was premixed, and their voices were terrible, it was kind of a joke, but all the 18 yr olds were raging to it, whatever.

lol