wormhole

Thread: wormhole

Default wormhole

I have been testing this little utility out for the past few days and am enjoying it alot.

It allows you to send audio from one computer to another over a Network.
    Compatible with Ethernet/WiFi/Airport.

Currently I am using it to send audio From Logic 8 Express from my MacBook Pro to a PC Running Ableon, FL or Acid that take care of CPU intensive plug-ins.

http://plasq.com/wormhole
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

oh shit. that's awesome!
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

:0

very cool

Very interesting, I am looking forward to give it a try. I have been thinking a lot on how useful a tcp/ip music transfer protocol would be.
    If you have heard about Moore´s law it also applies to bandwidth, so the growing of bandwidth is exponential, having a home network of 1 Gb is a reallity now a days, soon 10 Gb/s would be the standard on home lans. Do you understand this number? networks are capable of transfering 10 Gigas in one second.... sounds unreal for home use.

Now returning to this application, I already have tons of ideas of cool audio routing things you could do. Just wondering about how it handles latency and buffers. Will give it a try soon.

Very cool finding man

That is crazy to think about having networks that fast.

I have been using wormhole on my MacBookPro to send audio to a PC that processes my audio with some FX and then send it back into Logic.
    I have been doing this over a wireless network. Works really good so far!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .