Traktor Dj 2.6.8 with Traktor Kontrol Z2 (Automix with Kontrol Z2)

Default Traktor Dj 2.6.8 with Traktor Kontrol Z2 (Automix with Kontrol Z2)

This is my first time i am writing to the forum because i really need some help with a issue i have between Traktor Kontrol Z2 and Traktor Dj Pro 2.6.8

I am on a Macbook Pro with the software Traktor Dj Pro 2.6.8 latest version. My isssue is with the automix.
    I i use only the laptop computer the automix work perfectly. If i connect the laptop to to the Traktor Kontrol Z2 all work fine but if i use automix well i will explain what is happening.
    I will select from a playlist a song the will start the song and will select on the uper right menu the option automix but when i do that the volume incrase by himself and i loose the control of the sound slider. What
    what i am saying is if i try to take the volme down then the track with switch to a other one etc etc.
    It look like somewhere is a setting that is not right.
    Is there a setting you can teach me please?
    Regard
    Gilles

Ezmyrelda

It kind of sounds like you would need to use the autogain settings and make sure you have already set the gains to where they should be so that each track is consistently loud.. changing any setting kind of defeats the idea of automix.

That's how automix works for me.... using an MC6000, moving the playing tracks slider down will start the next track and increase the volume of it. I've never used automix just on my laptop (no midi controller connected) so I don't know how it works like that. I don't think there's any settings to change it, that's just the way it works.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Default Automix

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    That's how automix works for me.... using an MC6000, moving the playing tracks slider down will start the next track and increase the volume of it. I've never used automix just on my laptop (no midi controller connected) so I don't know how it works like that. I don't think there's any settings to change it, that's just the way it works.
    I think you are right robdquick. With the automix without the laptop connected to the Kontrol Z2 it work fine ni problem at all but if i am connected to the Kontrol Z2 then it do what you said if i lift the left slider up then the next track will start to play etc etc but like i said if i play automix with out the Deck Kontrol Z2 it work perfect. This is where i am confuse. Thank you for your point of view.