Six Deck Mixing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Six Deck Mixing?

What're the chances of six-decks becoming a standard for DJing software? I'm surprised I haven't seen it before. Is there a reason for that? I think it makes sense to have. For instance, if you're working Traktor, you could have two remix decks, as well as 4 normal decks.

Chances of this becoming standard? 0%

IMHO.

A single remix deck provide 64 different slots for mixing whatever you want. Why in the world do you need TWO remix decks AND 4 standard decks? It would be so messy. What style of music are you mixing?

Just capture what you want from a track into a remix deck and trigger it as needed (no need to have a dedicated deck for that).

Yeah that's an awful idea

i'm trying to find some positives to say in support of this. but i'm coming up blank.

i can see how things evolved to 4 decks - double ups/layering acapellas over tracks which would need a 3rd (or 4th deck) to mix out to a new track. but, yeah, if you getting to the point where you need six, it's time to start playing with the remix decks a bit more.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Depends. There's a difference between DJ'ing, and live performance/composing.

Look at acts like Tom Cosm, Moldover and iLL Gates. All using Ableton Live, and all using a minimum of 6 decks/channels.

So - where do you draw the line? When does it stop being DJ'ing, and start being performing?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

VDJ let's you open up 99 iirc

Tech Mentor

With Traktor Remix decks you have can 4 decks x 4 channels each so that's 16.

I definitely get what the OP is saying. Many times I have had 4 decks running on traktor, and thought, 'hmmm, if only there was another 1 or 2 decks, i could just do this, or that'.

I agree w/ @jdownesbaird - that it could become messy.

and w/ @Patch - that it'd cross the line of DJing and performing live, as you really would be creating your own stuff and looping like mad. I have never got into the Remix Decks, and this is something I would like to do. I just need to get an Kontrol F1. I'm a REAL fan of loops, loops and loads more loops.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I want traktor update like this - "just" make the loop recorder switch function to track deck, perfect. I'm pretty sure that would open some new mixing techniques and expand the possibilities of creative mappings.

With the loop recorder, does that actually enable us to record a loop from a track playing in a deck, and then if needed, put that recorded loop into a remix deck?
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast