Audio Kontrol 1 recording only in mono?

Default Audio Kontrol 1 recording only in mono?

I bought a Vestax USB turntable to convert vinyl to mp3 for use with Traktor, as I was getting miffed at some tracks only turning up on vinyl, with no CD or mp3 release

I use audacity to record, and have tried the USB out from the deck to the laptop, but there's no way to handle the gain of the incoming signal, so it clips really badly.

I then realised that I could use my Audio Kontrol 1 to take the signal via the RCA out from the deck and set audacity to record that. Only problem is it seems to only record in mono ...

Aside from a broken cable, why the hell could this be happening?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Might need to mess with the settings to link the 2 inputs together

basically every in/output on the ak1 is mono... you'd have to use both inputs and link them together like bento suggested.

Ahhhh right-ho.

Now I just need to butcher together a 2xRCA to XLR and TRS frankencable.

Nice ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Right, horrible mess of cables bought from Maplin, (male XLR mono to female TRS mono to convert the XLR input on the card to TRS and then a 2xRCA to 2xTRS mono.

I should now have one channel to the XLR input of the soundcard and the other to the TRS input. Both are set to line input, no phantom power applied.

Audacity has Audio Kontrol 1/2 selected as the input, and is recording in stereo

Still only a single channel active :-(

Balls.

You don't need XLR, the input is a combo, you can plug one RCA > TS directly in the middle of the XLR plug and the other in the other input...
    Apart from that, I don't know where the problem come from... Stupid question but did you put some volumes to the inputs ?
    You can maybe take a look in the config. pannel of the AK1... Are you able to change something there ?

Just worked that out

D'OH!

It's working now.

Cheers chaps

Next thing is to work out how to split the XLR in so I can use the mic properly over the music in Traktor when I'm doing my radio show

(which would be easier to do if Traktor put Shoutcast support in their product rather than that icecast crap)