Traktor Pro 2 Load Issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro 2 Load Issues

Hey, Im having issues with Traktor's load going into the red and causing the track to lag etc. I have been searching around for solutions and have tried everything I could find but the issue still persists.

In Traktor's preferences I have tried turning off Multi core processor support, set sample rate to 44100, set process buffer to 1024 samples, and USB Buffer to 4ms.

Even with this settings it will still hit red frequently and cause the track to slow down. I really cant afford a new laptop at this moment so was wondering does anyone know of any other ways I can sort this out. My current laptop should be able to run fine with it. Baring in mind this happens when I use two decks in traktor, when I switch to four decks, forget about it. It stays in the red.

I have ran the DPC Latency checker and the system get a huge spike when I plug in the audio 8 soundcard. So perhaps this is the issue but how can I sort that out. Traktor has a new driver update for the audio 8 but when I installed it traktor didn't recognise the soundcard anymore so I had to revert back to an aolder driver. Could this be caused be incorrect input/output routings perhaps? Im really running out of ideas here.

Would really appreciate any help. Below is my Laptop details. I have Traktor Pro 2.6.8 with Audio 8 DJ and Kontrol x1 plugged into it, Thanks a lot.

> Windows 8
    > 6 gig Ram
    > Core i50-2410M processor

what programs are running in the background, if any? e.g. anti virus, skype etc...

are you loading tracks from the internal drive or an external one?

i'm running win 7 / i5-3210 / 6 gig ram - so not too dissimilar, without any hiccups.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Im loading tracks from internal drive.I had tried disabling anti virus and turning off wifi but still no luck.

Its so frustrating, It will hit the red a few times per min so it just destroys any mixing. As you say my laptop spec shouldn't be an issue. I have ample harddrive space free too.

So i'm really lost as what I can do. Ive been searching the net and trying various things but not solved it thus far. I just hope somebody on here might have a solution because I am truly out of ideas. Thanks for the reply. Appreciate any advise at all.

Have you tried running task manager (in processes view) with Traktor running to confirm what is eating the cpu? might not actaully be Traktor where the problem lies...?

If anything else is showing a heavy use of processor, end the task and see what happens - even if it's explorer, windows can run without it.
    Thinking about it, as it's Win 8, could the silly Metro (or whatever they are calling it) UI been eating resources? Is there a way to knock that out?

SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Pic 2.jpg

Thanks again. I have just opened traktor and ran the task manager in process view. Attached is the screenshot.

As it shows , the CPU is at 34% but as you can see traktor load is in the red. Baring in mind too that this is only two track decks. This is so frustrating, what the hell could be causing it like? My head is well and truly wrecked with it.

:/

odd.. genuinely don't have an idea at the mo...

only thing coming to mind is soundcard or key correction related. actually, are you using key correction? and what settings is that on if so?

also, are you setting Traktor to analyze tracks when loaded to a deck? trying to think of all the things that make Traktor have to think when a track is loaded/running..

SoundCloud

Tech Convert

the cpu clock speed looks low...see if the intel speed step is enabled in the bios might help

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 24ounce View Post
    the cpu clock speed looks low...see if the intel speed step is enabled in the bios might help
    Thanks 24Ounce. I went into BIOS but cant see anything about intel speed step? Do you know where exactly I find this?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post

only thing coming to mind is soundcard or key correction related. actually, are you using key correction? and what settings is that on if so?

also, are you setting Traktor to analyze tracks when loaded to a deck? trying to think of all the things that make Traktor have to think when a track is loaded/running..
    Settings5.jpgSettings4.jpgSettings3.jpgSettings2.jpgSettings1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post

Im not quite sure about Key Correction BradCee. I'm not intentionally using it anyway. I analyse my tracks in MIK and import them. I'm not sure where to find this setting? I have attached screenshots of the 5 main preference pages. Maybe one of my settings may jump out at you but I cant see anything myself im afraid. Baring in mind I tried open Traktor Pro 1 to check and it was hitting red too.

Regarding the soundcard, a very good chance the issue could be here if not in my settings. Two things to note on this:

> When I connect the sound card, the default name in audio setup tab is Audio 8 DJ. I try change it to Audio 8 DJ (ASIO) but it usually changes itself back after a while. I think it will hit red in both though so not sure if this is relevant.

> Traktor has an updated diver available for the Audio 8 but when I install it traktor will no longer recognise it. The audio button appears red at the top middle of the page. I revert to an older driver and it recognises it fine. Im not sure if this driver would help fix it. If so I don't know what I would have to do get traktor to recognise it though.

I don't have analyse when track loaded selected. However, when I do load a track, for that couple of seconds it takes to recognise It, there will be a quick spike into red. It doesn't stay there though just something I noticed. The general spikes are quite intermittent, just mid mix it just jumps to red and the tracks will lag. A couple of times a min with two track decks which is so frustrating. I cant even try four decks as it hits red extremely frequently.

I'm not sure if any of the above is relevant to you, thanks a million for your advise with this, I'm just totally out of ideas.

the only (software) difference between us is that you use MIK to analyse...

have you imported the the tracks into traktors collection? (I know that sounds like a stupid question)
    also, are you able to get 2 unanalysed tracks, analyse them in traktor and see what happens when loaded/played?

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast