VDJ8 Finally Released???

Default VDJ8 Finally Released???

Could it be???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

yeah it's out for pre-release today for all registered pro users.. It has everything I love about VDJ, mapping and skinning is still the same. Any VST effect works "I've tried about 40 production quality VST's and none had any issues", the sounds incredible, cpu is low and sampler's functionality is great, but I don't think it's the revolutionary new software I expected.

If you like VDJ you will love VDJ8. If you love traktor or serato then VDJ8 won't feel that special as on the surface it feels the same as 7, but does everything better than it's predecessor. accept for timecode.. and that's where they lost me, but hopefully they are still working on it.

The other main thing that's missing from dj decks which would have been a great selling point is modular skins. There was a couple made for the beta, but it was just too buggy to make it to the final release.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

What are the issues with timecode, synthet1c?

'Cos, if I can't use timecode vinyl reliably, that is defintely a deal breaker.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

I haven't installed the pre-released version but the version i have has a couple of issues with cue drift even in absolute mode, but it really has come a long way from the first release and I think they will fix it before the final release, I guess the pressure was just too much that they had to put something out, not that there is any other major issues with the pre-release other than the timecode, and for 90% of users that won't matter anyway.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Understood. I sure hope they do have that sorted for the final release...

Tech Convert

I've been messing around with it since it was released to the general public...

Erm, I'm finding timecode fine with CDJ-1000's, guessing it would be the same with all CD timecoding, I sold my Technics 2 years ago so can't test that out for you I'm afraid...

To be fair to VDJ, I pretty much only used it for longer 21st type parties as it never had any hassle with huge libraries and was very stable, but always found it lacking in the performance side of things so I much prefered Traktor... I can honestly see myself switching over full time to VDJ if I sort out a complete mapping for my DJTT VCI 100 Arcade controller.

Also, I absolutely love the nitty gritty settings that can be changed nowadays, it's probably something most people will jawdrop at due to the amount of options, but it's like getting a brand new car to me currently.

I love new stuff.