Technics 1210 MK5 with slanting tonearm

Default Technics 1210 MK5 with slanting tonearm

Hi guys!

I bought a second hand pair of above mentioned turntable and my problem is that i can't lower the height of tonearms enough to be in perfectly aligned with the record. I disassembled both tonearms and re-calibrated them. They seem to go down all the way like they should. But i still can't get them low enough for my Ortofon Concord pickups! I got 3 grams of pressure on the needle, so its not a matter of that.

There's a similar thread somewhere on the internet about this, but i don't think the result of this is a damaged tonearm.

Have anybody else heard or experienced what i have here?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Didn't the original 1200s come with a thick rubber mat on the platter? Ask xonetacular...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

The height adjust ring on Techs is on a multi-start thread.

You might have screwed it back onto the tonearm base starting at the wrong point on the screw thread, in which case all of the numbers on teh height adjust will not be calibrated with teh proper height position.

You should head over to youtube and check out Viperfranks page. He is a Technics GURU.

Also - is the turntable working? Will it play records? Because, personally, I wouldn't worry if the tonearm is not perfectly parallel with the surface of the platter. As long as you balance the tone arm correctly, and add the correct amount of weight at the counter balance, you shouldn't have a problem.

Unless you're planning to scratch. Then all of that goes right out of the window!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Hi! Thanks for your replies!

I actually followed the procedure and successfully re-calibrated them. But this didn't help in lowering the tonearm further. It looks like it is all the way down already.

In another video of viperfrank, he is adjusting his perfectly. He seems to be using the same setup as i am, with ordinary slipmat and everything..