Serato vs Traktor.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Serato vs Traktor.....

aaaaaaannnnnnddd GO!!!

No, thank you.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Obviously a lot of thought went into starting this thread...
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Wizard

Traktor vs Serato - "Scratch DJ Live Pro Itch LE (Epic Proportions Flamewar Mashup)"
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Personal. Preference.

One is not inherently better than the other. They both do certain things very well and comes down to preference.

My basic rule of thumb is I prefer Traktor for electronic music and I prefer Serato for doing turntablist/hip hop stuff. Again that is just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eklectik View Post
    Personal. Preference.

One is not inherently better than the other. They both do certain things very well and comes down to preference.

My basic rule of thumb is I prefer Traktor for electronic music and I prefer Serato for doing turntablist/hip hop stuff. Again that is just my preference.
    I'm curious about why. Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    I'm curious about why. Can you elaborate?
    Sure. I like the effects better in Traktor which I find I use more when playing Electronic and I prefer the waveforms in Serato. I find I have an easier time in Serato dissecting where to put cue points for tone plays and I like being able to "check my work" when doing juggles with the side by side waveforms.

Again I don't mind using either/or but just some features I like about each that kind of apply to different genres I enjoy spinning.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

If this thread turns into a flame war it will be closed. Keep it classy.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

I've used both in depth, and prefer Serato (SSL not SDJ) by a long shot. Too much going on with the layout of Traktor, as well as SDJ. Both technology and simplicity are beautiful. But too much technology can be the absolute downfall of your creativity, be it hardware or software. Either way, use what "works" for "you" as a DJ.

for me it was accessibility. I was able to pirate Traktor and give it a spin before I decided to buy it.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast