Is it me or are the Vestax people extremely rude? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Leon R thats exactly the quote i took offence to. I have already started looking into a refund for my piece of kit cos it doesnt work as advertised, and I am put off continuing to try to get it working due to this response

Gonna try and get a refund then look into the VCI 100SE and see if i can get it
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Well leon you saw mine... Insulting both me and my intelligence that bloke is, doesnt bode well for Vestax no wonder they are "losing customers" (read that on a page somewhere concerning the vci 300 itch bundle, frankly i cant say I'm surprised)
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Well to answer your question, yes the VCI-300 does have 4 outs

2x Mono Master output - or 1x stereo master out
    and
    2x Mono Headphone out - or 1x stereo cue out

If you have a PC and want to use it with Traktor you need asio4all to have access to the other 2 outputs as traktor just detects 2 outputs - i think this an issue with Traktor and not.

I wouldn't hate on Vestax just because of one lowly customer support agent, go up the chain and get in contact with his superior and inform them of the issue you had with one of their support agents.

its not that BentoSan, but its obvious that they dont have their shit together anymore, i havent been given 1 straight answer to my questions from the get go, been slammed by Vestax support for using XP64, while last night I was informed by Matt-C on the Serato forums that XP64 was in fact supported, I've been insulted by the way i was "spoken" to (via email), I can understand a piece of software being attached to a piece of hardware, but a piece of hardware that doesnt perform as advertised with anything other than the bundled software, is essentially 750euro for a glorified paperweight. I dont have the time or the patience to screw around with company reps when i could be mixing and creative. And at the end of the day if the hardware company rep doesnt know what os the the software is compatible with or not, how can you trust them? Now please dont get me wrong, I'm not hating I'm just very disappointed, all my research yielded was that ther non operative headphone out, when not using ITCH wasn't mentioned anywhere, which is misleading, if it had said next to the "make sure you have a 32bit os for ITCH 1.03" will not/may not operate with applications other than ITCH I could respect that, but this is just bollocks. Anyway I loved the VCI 100 and years ago the Vestax PDX D3 decks, (lovely stuff), and intend on looking into getting the VCI100SE if i can cos after using the simple VCI 100 a couple of times I fell in love with it. What i have seen with the 100SE has blown me away and it seems to me to be a fantastic investment, but after the last few days I'm rather upset and angry, and bitter, i think understandably so.

Default I know how you're feeling

but I gotta agree with Bento here, and say don't hate on vestax. It does seem as if they have a hard time getting good reps.

All I can say is that on two occasions, I was getting the run around from the US rep. I called Tokyo and told them what was going on and they squared it away, overnight. If that ain't great customer service, I don't know what is.

Please, don't everybody start calling there and say I told you to do it.:eek:

I think part of the problem when e-mailing them is whacky translators. I don't know if it still does it, but their system would let you see what your e-mail had been translated to. It was hard for me to understand what I was saying, and I had written it.

Drimachus I'm not hating mate, honestly, in fact i just changed my vci 300 for a vci 100, kind of proves it, but at the moment i confess to being quite angry, I"m about to start looking into DJTT upgrades to further improve the vci 100. It seems all s turning out ewell though, I went to the shop i got it from gave em the lowdown and they not only emailed japan to complain about the the rep, they changed my vci straight up and threw in a 130W Pioneer amp, so at the mo I'm chuffed to bits I pretty much got the best out of the deal so maybe that support bloke was a blessing in VERY good disguise.

Bottom line, I dont hate vestax but one of the reasons I'm upgrading firmware etc from DJTT is so i wont have to deal with Vestax support my faith is a little shaken right now, and I got more answers here from one reply by Bento than I got in 5 days correspondence with Vestax support, so I'm really happy i bumped into this forum
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 10-20-2009 at 10:16 AM.

BTW - its not Vetax's fault that the VCI-300 doesnt work well with Traktor, its Native Instruments fault. Also no where do they advertise that the VCI-300 works Traktor, all they say is that it has midi for programs other than Itch. Its up to the other companies (Like NI) to support it.

Bento thats not what i said mate, the only thing i would have been satisfied to see on the reviews i looked at would have been sometihng to the effect of "*limitations when used with software other than Serato ITCH" "or other DJ programs not supported" or something like that on the box or the vestax/serato websites.
    Not one review i have read said anything about the soundcard's restricted outs when using programs other than the bundled one, the only point i did read in the cons of one review was "limited support outside supplied software".
    Had i known that, I probably would have been happily anticipating the VCI 100SE and wouldnt have gone through this whole palaver, anyway, I can contentedly say that this issue is now over for me, I'm getting to grips with mapping the vci 100 and loving it!!!!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Glad to hear you got sorted out mate!

Tech Convert

That's some pretty shameful customer service you received. I've been in C/S for years and if one of my agents was sending e-mails like that, I'd reassign him.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he's had to specify that XP64/7 can't be used a billion times, and he's probably frustrated to an extent. I'd blame Gerfried for being a bit of a douche on e-mail, but Vestax deserves the blame for shitty product support overall. It's not Gerfried who is saying your setup is unsupported, it's Vestax, and companies will often dictate what their Customer Care can and can't say. It's quite possible that he was instructed to completely deny support to unsupported setups. Anyone who's worked with internet tech support knows all about that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast