Any difference in quality pitched single sample vs loop?
    Tech Mentor

Default Any difference in quality pitched single sample vs loop?

Looking at the DJTT Twister I was wondering if there was an difference in quality in a single shot...let's say kick over a 4-8 bar kick loop when you tempo adjust. My initial thinking that all the Twister is doing is midi triggering a single sample so therefore the integrity of that sample is the same at any tempo. A loop however is sped up. Or am I wrong?

there shouldnt be any different
    to loop any sound at a specific tempo it doesnt HAVE TO BE sped up. It can be cut by itself at the interval of retrigger for that sound.
    Since the sample you are using is the same one weather it be a single shot of that sample or if you change it to a LOOP,
    its originally still the same sample. Your just picking a new END POINT to START POINT in the sine wav.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the reply. From what you are saying the loop of however many bars can be shortened to a single shot sound and retriggered via midi thus same sound just triggered faster. But the uncut loop would potentially suffer as there is only one retrigger per so many beats. I got this right?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

It will only make a difference if using keylock.

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Thanks for the reply. From what you are saying the loop of however many bars can be shortened to a single shot sound and retriggered via midi thus same sound just triggered faster. But the uncut loop would potentially suffer as there is only one retrigger per so many beats. I got this right?
    no
    you got it wrong
    playing any sound, short, full, looped or as a one shot, in no way degrades the quality of the sound.
    IF the file is a 320kbps file, then no matter HOW You play it back it will always be giving you the sound from the SAME original file.

You can take a sample
    load it twice into a remix deck
    once as a one shot
    another time as a loop (in a different cell)
    play them both and the sound comes from the same original file,,,,, understand?

and yes, the only way to change the QUALITY OF THE PLAYBACK (not the quality of the file itself) its to adjust it to a different key.