I've designed some controllerism T-shirts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default I've designed some controllerism T-shirts!

Firstly, hello all! Long time reader, first time poster here. I'm normally found over on the Traktor forums under the name DJ_AS and sometimes I make it over to Scratchworx too.

As the title of the post says, I've designed some Controllerism / Digital DJ apparel and merchandise. I initially set out to make some t-shirts about photography (cos there are no decent photography based t-shirts out there) but somehow I've had loads more ideas for digital DJ based stuff. Ean's clearly doing a good job of making this stuff stick in my head!

Anyway, please at least go and have a look over at www.cafepress.com/snapandscratch

Feedback is very very much appreciated, good or bad. And if you do buy anything (I hope so!) then please take a picture of whatever it is in action - it would really make my day.

Heck, I may not be a superstar DJ (maybe one day...) but maybe I can be a superstar graphic designer!

Hope to get to know you all a bit more overtime. Just don't talk to me about DPCs....

looks cool..

i would prefer real photos of arcade buttons though. the 4bar loop is kool, but i'm dreaming of some real loops (like the amen) on a shirt..

keep on doing these shirts, they look promising :-)
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

cool design ideas, but pricing is kind of high for a t-shirt with just 4 buttons and a word on it. If pricing on cafepress is to high you can buy your own tee's in bulk and screen print them yourself. I would def rock a couple if the price was lower.

I was actually thinking the other day about having a couple shirts made at a local screen printer.

i had a few designs running in my head
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

ok after having fun in photoshop taking some innocent people and putting my shirt design on them

here is one of my designs...

the 3rd image depicts what would be on the back.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

Tech Mentor

thats pretty cool.and the back is awesome considering people would most likely think "wth is a controllerist?" just turn around lol.

haha that controllerist shirt is pretty cool i would buy that lol
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

i usually dont buy shirts online, but the controllerist one i would buy. Fo“sure.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Yea I have been looking online for some time looking for some unique threads to wear to gigs and haven't found any that catch my attention.

I would love to set something up, but with my full time work and dj gigs on top of that i'm already spread thin as it is. but something id still like to pursue.

Maybe if we all can drum up enough interest we can get with the djtt crew to have some designed official gear, not sure but I may be being a little too over zealous. maybe another design contest?

hint hint

Sakka sorry I sorta hijacked your post, your designs def do have potential but the markup costs that cafepress has on their apparel is usually high
    you can always get a better price dealing with a screen printer directly but that also means doing all the work. shipping, upfront costs etc etc

would like to see what other things you come up with
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 10-19-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Tech Convert

Hey all, thanks for the kind messages. Seems like people like the designs, they very much like the idea of more controllerism / dj digital based designs, but don't like the prices.

I agree that the cafepress prices are waaaaay higher than getting it all done myself, but with a busy day job and a kid on the way that's never gonna happen! So cafepress is better than nothing at the moment.

The prices were actually set according to what I would expect to pay in the UK for a 'niche' t-shirt design. At current exchange rates the UK price is £19. This compares very favourably to the £29.99 price of my favourite t-shirt from London's Phonica records: http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/view/57408

What I hadn't considered was the price in US Dollars - potentially my largest market. After having a look at some US based websites last night I have to agree - my prices are steeper than most! Basically, you guys have it good in the US when it comes to clothing!!

Jeez, this was supposed to be a bit of fun and now I'm wondering about international pricing! LOL!

This is definitly good food for thought and I thank you all for your honesty and feedback. More designs are a coming... lets live the dream people...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast