Waveform out of Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Waveform out of Traktor

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/0...et-just-along/
    just out of curiosity.
    It looks like Traktor can output a waveform to Pioneer cdj. Could it be possible to get this info from Traktor to another program,much like how people hijack Denon track info?
    Last edited by mrdorianjames; 05-24-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

*sound of crickets*
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

How would one go about finding how it sends this waveform data to the cdjs? I know Denon has a midi command sheet that explains much about the track info output is this something pioneer has released?
    Techno/Experimental

I'm pretty sure the waveform output for Pioneer CDJ's is done through a proprietary HID connection, so there's probably no way to hook into it at all.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I thought i would ask
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I'm pretty sure the waveform output for Pioneer CDJ's is done through a proprietary HID connection, so there's probably no way to hook into it at all.
    I dug around a bit, but nothing looked like an obvious solution. Didn't someone hack the HID for the F1 two years ago? Would their method work here?

I've been looking for a solid app to have a smartphone mirror just a quarter of the Windows display. If it doesn't lag you could just have a clip-on screen holder on the back of your mixer, tt, or controller, anyone know of something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    I dug around a bit, but nothing looked like an obvious solution. Didn't someone hack the HID for the F1 two years ago? Would their method work here?

I've been looking for a solid app to have a smartphone mirror just a quarter of the Windows display. If it doesn't lag you could just have a clip-on screen holder on the back of your mixer, tt, or controller, anyone know of something like that?
    There's a few apps out there that will mirror the screen to a smartphone. I've used both Splashtop and Teamviewer on my Windows PC and my Android phone/iPad (I mirror my display to my iPad for every gig). I know you can zoom in using teamviewer, not sure about splashtop. Using splashtop there are 2 quality settings, low quality is near enough lag free, high quality there is a slight (50ms max) delay.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Banned

touch OSC

Quote Originally Posted by skrill View Post
    touch OSC
    For what?? touchOSC will not do any of the things mrdorianjames was asking for!!

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Mentor

I don't think mirroring is quite what I was thinking? I was hoping for more technical info coming out of Traktor. Possibly something to manipulate via max/msp. Precise track info/tempo /BPM/waveform transients info/browser tree info etc.
    Techno/Experimental

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast