speakers/monitors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default speakers/monitors

I need to buy some speakers/monitors to poractice my djing with....any recommendations? my budget is 300 or less

Active monitors or driven by an amplifier?
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

For practice, I like to use studio style monitors. For your price range, I would look into a pair of M-Audio BX5s or Alesis M1 MK2.

Tech Wizard

powered monitors..i was actually lookin at the krk and the m-audio's but dont know which is better

Tech Mentor

BX8a M-Audio, Samson, Alesis ... basically anything with at least 8" bass!
    Z

Yeah I couldn't see myself buying anything with a woofer smaller than an 8. I myself use a pair of BX8s and Behringer Truth B2031As. I had the older KRK RP6s and they sucked. I'd buy the M-Audio's but the sound will slightly be enhanced(highs) and NOT flat. It wouldn't matter if you are just practicing with them, not engineering.

if you want my personal opinion mate I reckon that if you really want powered monitorsyou might want to hold off for now. Powered monitors are really an investment i think and 300 isnt really gonna give you much value for money, the best brand for a somewhat higher budget i can recommend is Focal, otherwise companies like samson have some relatively ok speakers like the resolvR series but dont expect much in terms of low/sub frequencies
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Mentor

Do get yer studio mixed up with yer DJING BX(a are great for cheap DJING (with a slight touch of studio) use.
    Using yer studio monitors for DJing is just an accident waiting to happen...

I it was for studio... I would be recomending ADAM A5s / Genelec 6010a/ KRK RP-5 ...

Z

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Ze_MigL View Post
    . ADAM A5s / Genelec 6010a/ KRK RP-5 ...
    Aiming High there

Tech Mentor

Djing is about enought ummph with a sweeter sound...
    studio e clarity/ definition/ no coloration! - So need less power but absolute definition/ clear reprodution...

2 dif. ball parks IMHO!

Save on one to spend on the other!

Z

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast