Deep House

Thread: Deep House

Default Deep House

Hi, got a gig in August and they want me to play deep house, I like it but I don't really know any artists or song names. Could you recommend what's good and has some vocal. I know the obvious duke dumont also like Gorgon City I think they are called? Any help would be appreciated.

S4+3D=FUN

Tech Guru

So you've taken a gig playing music you don't really know or like that much? Why?

And names you've mentioned, if you want to play the commercial side of deep house then yeah they'll do well. Just buy Joey Essex's mix CD, sure it had those names on it from what I can remember from the TV add.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    So you've taken a gig playing music you don't really know or like that much? Why?

And names you've mentioned, if you want to play the commercial side of deep house then yeah they'll do well. Just buy Joey Essex's mix CD, sure it had those names on it from what I can remember from the TV add.
    didnt say i dont like, just dont listen to it much. the gig is not just deep house they just want me to play some. i took the gig as its for charity and the money raised is going to a hospital that saved my life so wouldn't say no just because a few songs. would rather play some underground stuff thats why i didnt check beatport or that joey essex guff you mentioned lol.
    S4+3D=FUN

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Way way way too many threads on Deep House on this forum already.

PLease search the forum.

[closed]