A nasty new genre of music rears it's ugly head.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A nasty new genre of music rears it's ugly head.

What do you get when you combine Trap, Trance, Moombah, Deep House, Electro House and Dubstep

I dont know, but this new stuff is taking the southeastern US by storm.

I am hearing mixes where guys are just dropping 20 BPM at a time, not even halving the BPM just cutting tracks..??

It seems like this style is tailored to please the masses.... Anyone else hearing this where they are??

I heard ATRAK and Diplo play live and it seems like there are kind of the forerunners of this new genre, signing alot of artists with this new sound.

Listen to this mix, I'm actually a big fan of the first and second song.

(NOT MY MIX)

https://soundcloud.com/sejeomieno/li...music-festival

Tech Guru

Omg. I've been looking for that first song FOREVER. Was google searching it literally 5 minutes ago as soon as I woke up.

Yea, some of those mixes are straight up messy.

I've heard the quick drops and cutting a lot at Mysteryland, it was very good there. Kill the Noise, DVBBS, and Flosstradamus really like it. I think if used well, it sounds great, but it's pretty difficult to always time perfectly (IMO).
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

I like this mix till 6:02, than it becomes infinite random stuff.

This happens a lot when I listen to EDM, the beggining of the mix (which "should" sound less heavy than the middle) is good, but the rest is simply annoying for me.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Damn, there's definitely a lot of bang for buck there. I would last about ten minutes before promptly finding an exit though...just not into fetish, over-the-top music. Though bros gonna love this.

Tech Guru

Did I miss something? This is every "EDM" set ever since Sandro Silva's Epic was released.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Did I miss something? This is every "EDM" set ever since Sandro Silva's Epic was released.
    Yeah, I'm not hearing the "new" genre. Isn't this just a mix that incorporates tracks from multiple genres, or is there actually a new sound represented here?

ugh
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Did I miss something? This is every "EDM" set ever released.
    Fixed that a bit for ya... but yeah all I'm hearing is an EDM (urgh word) set where instead of playing a full 5 minutes of turd into another 5 minutes of turd the guy is playing small sections of tracks and playing a lot of them with very small transitions and they are not all just 4 to the floor... which is easy to do when most of the tracks sound exactly the same as each other. It's also what hiphop DJ's have been doing for a bazzillion years.

I imagine there are a lot of dudes loving this... but they will grow up so, whatevs'

Tech Mentor

That's just called 'Festival Trap' isn't it? Electro house at 70/140 BPM for moshing to. Not my taste, I must admit.

Dancing > Moshing

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    That's just called 'Festival Trap' isn't it? Electro house at 70/140 BPM for moshing to. Not my taste, I must admit.

Dancing > Moshing
    Do people even know how to dance anymore? Haha
    I play funky house, and these days I'm lucky to see one or two people cutting shapes in the crowd, lol everybody just kinda bobs around haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast