Great Idea: DJTT Private Torrent/DL Community - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I think it's a good idea and although illegal, I'm not sure if I support the "money out of the pocket of the artists" statement. Who's making these tracks famous, and get them into charts and compilations? DJ's. So who would benifit of having their songs played even more by DJs? Artists.

This is strickly for DJs though.. consumers should definately pay for their music, or the industry wouldn't go around.

and whoops 6.000.000.000.000,00 people are dj´s next week! i don´t think that this discussion needs to be continued!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

the way i see it is that not only does the OP want free music... he/she doesnt want to spend time finding the good tunes and doing the hard work setting up the gridding etc themselves....

LAZY THIEF

pregridded tracks would be great though.

beat gridding only helps u getting to know ur tracks...and if not beatgridding why not beatmatching....
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

What a stupid idea. Yeah, as if 'famous producers' would really come here to 'share their new tracks' to a bunch of freeloading amateurs.

<aside>
    what are the communities thoughts on downloading from one of these sites to get high quality verions of legitimately owned tracks (such as ones sold by places like emusic, which are averages out to around 200kbps ish)

Way I see it, the artist gets paid, so is there a problem?
    </aside>

Some mates I know will do this, not sure whether it's ethical myself.
    Last edited by Sherlock Ohms; 10-20-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Drix View Post
    I think it's a good idea and although illegal, I'm not sure if I support the "money out of the pocket of the artists" statement. Who's making these tracks famous, and get them into charts and compilations? DJ's. So who would benifit of having their songs played even more by DJs? Artists.

This is strickly for DJs though.. consumers should definately pay for their music, or the industry wouldn't go around.
    Simply replace "DJ" with "me" and its the same old argument people have used for years to justify not paying for music. Well, ok, not quite, its more along the lines of - "We have a right to pirate music and listen and decide if we want to buy it or not - because if we do buy it they are going to get my money, and if we can't pirate it to listen first, we won't buy it!" argument. Doesn't wash. These days you can at least hear some of almost anything legally before you decide to buy it.

I have a feeling that DJ's who can seriously move tracks up the charts and into compilations, don't need to pirate anything.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Well i think youve all well and truly made this guy feel stoopid as he's not been back to say anythin.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    LAZY THIEF
    OMG pissed myself laughing at that. Words , right out of my mouth.

To be honest all joking aside sharing the knowledge isnt such a bad thing, sharing the music ... well i aint getting into that one again... cough*stealing*cough.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast