Hardware keeps dropping out at random times on brand new 15" MBP?....
    Tech Convert

Default Hardware keeps dropping out at random times on brand new 15" MBP?....

Hey everyone soooo I was using Traktor for two years on a 2009 Mac Book Pro. About two weeks ago the motherboard gave out on me and I am now using a 15" MBP with no upgrades (8GB of RAM).

I was able to take my old hard drive out of my laptop and browse to my old traktor collection and upload this to my new laptop.

I am now running the newest version of Traktor, with an S4 MK-I and a MF3D running the 3 in 1 BB mapping. (https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/844)

So here's the problem...While I'm DJing or arranging tracks or whatever (there isn't one thing that triggers it, and I can't get this to happen on command) my hardware turns off, and resets. And at the same time my laptop locks up. When I say "locks up" i mean that the trackpad won't navigate the mouse, the keyboard stops working as well. The software seems to keep working though, the song keeps playing in traktor and nothing else changes. In this scenario the only thing I can do is turn my computer off by holding the power button.

Please if anyone knows anything I can do to try and fix this or at least diagnose this help me out!

I'm thinking my steps are: save my collection, uninstall traktor, unistall MF applications, and re-install everything. Is this a good course of action?

Tech Mentor

Strange. But, yes, doing a clean install on everything with the latest drivers would be a good first move. I have the same machine with an S2 mk1 and haven't come across that (at least hope to never!). I would also make sure the OS is up to date too. I know it sounds cliche, but making sure all apps and drivers are up to date is always a good first step (unless it's clear when you see 100's of threads on forums complaining about the same problems . )

It's a known issue and NI is apparently working on it. http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...e-2013.220538/
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    It's a known issue and NI is apparently working on it. http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...e-2013.220538/
    Thank you both for your responses.

And wow OK well that is exactly what's happening here, thank you so much SirReal!!! Truly appreciated and saved me a lot of time re-doing everything and eventually going to Apple probably.

Many thanks.

Similar issues with 2013/14 MacBook Airs ...
    One of my mates is using a USB2 powered hub between his 13" Air and S4mk1 which seems to help. He uses another powered hub for his pair of F1's.

There's also a few threads on the issue on the Apple forums with work arounds relating to keeping the USB bus active.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    Similar issues with 2013/14 MacBook Airs ...
    One of my mates is using a USB2 powered hub between his 13" Air and S4mk1 which seems to help. He uses another powered hub for his pair of F1's.

There's also a few threads on the issue on the Apple forums with work arounds relating to keeping the USB bus active.
    Ahhhhh thank you. I have one of these, I will give it a shot but it still makes me nervous. I'm going to have to look into the Apple forums for those threads too.