Seeking Advice, VCI 100SE, or Buy a VCI100 and order overlay, knobs etc?

Default Seeking Advice, VCI 100SE, or Buy a VCI100 and order overlay, knobs etc?

I'm facing a conundrum and I could do with some advice

I stupidly went and got a VCI300 which without any clear answer from Vestax or the Serato ITCH forum, but after testing on Win XP 64-32 (XP64 is meant to be supported but doesnt work for me even after 2 reformats) Vista32, and Win7 64 doesnt let me route the monitors on anything other than ITCH (4in 2out or 2in 2out only).

I've decided to get a refund on it or change it with a vci 300, both options will serve, i can order the vci100 SE, or get the upgrade kits (knobs n faders, overlay, firmware update)

My question is this:
    Should I buy the VCI 100SE or upgrade an existing VCI100?
    I cant see an option to get the black jogwheels, are they available?

I'm going to try to get the Refund tomorrow so its a bit urgent, but after my treatment by Vestax support I'm hell bent on putting the vci300 out of my misery.
    I can get the VCI 300 for 420 euro here, give or take, cost effective by comparison?

Advice is HUGELY appreciated
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

The VCI-100SE also comes with firmware 1.3 installed. which offers some performance differences and bug fixes.

Hey sm00sh thanks for that, thats one of the reasons I'm seriously looking at it, looks to be the best of whats on offer today, but wht i'm wondering is should i order it or should i upgrade an existing one? upgrading the original is not a good finacial move, it costs about 420euro ($630) without the added cost of getting all the other bits from DJTT, pnp etcjust wondering how long it will all take, if i can stil even get the vci100se....
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Wizard

well if you are looking at all enw stuff then go ahead i think DJTT Porducts are well worth the money in support alone. I upgraded one i bought of ebay for cheap and bout firmware kit,overlay and knobs and saved a bit but if you are in the market for one than the djtt se is one of the best

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, if you know you are going to want to upgrade everything then just get the SE.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

hey eurodj thanks mate, i actually picked up a vci 100 today (silver 1.2 firmware version) cos i gave back my vci300, so its upgrade route one way or another, i couldnt get a refund. Still its all very exciting