Traktor question
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor question

This doesn't have anything to do with the VCI but hopefully this ok. Is anyone else having a problem with keeping the desired sort order of your crates in Traktor? If I sort 1 or all of my crates by BPM, it works fine but when I go to another crate and/or back to the previous crate, my desired sort order (which is usually BPM) is lost.

Any advice, tips or tricks? I went to the Traktor forum and though I'm sure the topic is there, I couldn't find it.

Tech Convert

Folders in the Explorer virtual folder do not remember their settings.

Playlists, on the other hand, do. So you should put a copy of each track into a single playlist and then it will remember the sort order. You can also Lock the playlist afterwards and it will always keep the remembered sort when you switch to it, even if you change it.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the info. Thanks to Traktor 2, my habit has been using the genre folder as crates and naming a group of songs after the genre I want it to reflect. That way I never lost my categories no matter what (even when viewing my collection in other programs).

Any playlist habits, maintainance and/or suggestions for starting this new habit. I do think it's time I stopped being scared of playlists. I just need some tips on maximizing the transition.