Sending demos to record labels....

Default Sending demos to record labels....

How do some of you go about it? I'm looking to start sending out a few tracks as demos and I haven't really had a proper guideline to follow so far on what the best way to do it is. I'm curious to hear about how some of you do it...

Any input appreciated

Use private soundcloud links, email it to the label's demo email or send it in to their soundcloud dropbox. Throw in a paragraph about you, the track and why you think the track is a good fit for their label. At the end of the day, all that matters is if the track is any good. Having friends who own record labels is a huuuuge plus as well

Skimming through your soundcloud, it looks like you are into that underground house sound, I have a friend who runs a fairly new, but active, record label which releases that sort of stuff. They also do a tonne of events and bookings in the area. If you are interested I can send your demo to them
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    Use private soundcloud links, email it to the label's demo email or send it in to their soundcloud dropbox. Throw in a paragraph about you, the track and why you think the track is a good fit for their label. At the end of the day, all that matters is if the track is any good. Having friends who own record labels is a huuuuge plus as well

Skimming through your soundcloud, it looks like you are into that underground house sound, I have a friend who runs a fairly new, but active, record label which releases that sort of stuff. They also do a tonne of events and bookings in the area. If you are interested I can send your demo to them
    Yeah with this one I have been using the private link, it's really my first crack at getting a track signed and it's much better than the stuff I have uploaded so far anyways. Just wanted to know kinda what else I should include in the email without sounding like a loser.

actually Kwal, i wrote an article about this for DJTT
    heres the link

Record Labels 101: Winning the Music Lottery

its not an EXACT step by step but it should give you some proper insight.

Good luck
    and PS....i have a list of labels i can send tracks to for consideration

That was a good article to read man! Funny enough, the only email I sent was to Gus @ Funktion here in Chicago lol. He is my friends cousin ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    That was a good article to read man! Funny enough, the only email I sent was to Gus @ Funktion here in Chicago lol. He is my friends cousin ^^
    lol gotta cast your net WIDE my man. and make sure to note that you send the right STYLE of music to the correct label as the article talks about.
    Thanks for the compliment by the way. ***(bows gracefully)***

What genre is the track?
    ill see who i can get in touch with related to it. I can send it to them for submission but ill need all the details on it
    hit me antifmradio @ antifmradio .com

~~Yours -- Eric (Dj Liqid Touch)

I emailed you

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I emailed you
    i answered you.....twice HAAHAH