Getting the Jet effect?
    Tech Guru

Default Getting the Jet effect?

So I have tried setting the phaser to it's slowest effect setting in chained mode, but still can't quite get that jet effect, anyone have any suggestions, I am very open to rocking digital doubles if anyone knows of a way with that technique.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

The "jet" sound is when two sound sources are played at the same time but one is started slightly before the other one. Fractions of a second. The effect is called Phasing or Flanging, where Phasing uses delays in the fractions of a second range and Flanging has much shorter delays between the two signals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanging

(Phasing, Flanging, and Echo Delays are all the same mechanism but with wildly different delay sizes. Reverb is a series of delays that are scaled and summed together. There's not really that many audio tricks out there!)

Phasing works best on white noise type sounds, so clean vocals or beats will not show much effect. You really need a snare roll or swooshing pad to get the most out of the effect. Here's an article on doing it yourself using two copies of the same track. Essentially you sync them to get the precisely aligned then push one out of phase using a quick "Deck Pitch Bend" nudge:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/06/1...ching-for-all/

Tech Guru

I understand the DSP for what you are saying (studying computer engr.), but I had found that the phaser in chained is oscillating, and doesn't give the woosh quite like the efx-1000 does that I am so craving. I was really asking more for suggestions of settings on making the jet sound really good.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Student

to be honest man, i couldnt find it either so the work around : i have a selection of some jet sounds cropped out from tracks just play them as samples in the back ground

if anyone could help us that be great.