Getting the best scratch sound from traktor ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Getting the best scratch sound from traktor ?

Is there any ways how I could get the best quality sounds from traktor via the setting etc my scratch sounds a bit weak sometimes I just got the blue concords but my turntables are battered geminni tt02 I havnt been scratching for long but ever since I got my dekcs I was obsessed with it but when I rewind it sounds high pitch when I scratch really high pitch and shitty sometimes or is that just certain sounds ?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Turning Keylock off in traktor might make a big difference.

Check out some of the FAQs on reddit.com/r/turntablists. Basically, turn everything off - keylock, sync, etc.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Preferences > Transport > Keylock - choose 'Scratch' mode.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Turning Keylock off in traktor might make a big difference.
    Shouldn't really need to, keylock is temporarily disabled when scratching or making fast movements/pitch changes.
    I never turn Keylock off when scratching but along with 'scratch' mode you need to use 'HiQ Fast CPU' setting.

What are the hardware specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Preferences > Transport > Keylock - choose 'Scratch' mode.

Shouldn't really need to, keylock is temporarily disabled when scratching or making fast movements/pitch changes.
    I never turn Keylock off when scratching but along with 'scratch' mode you need to use 'HiQ Fast CPU' setting.

What are the hardware specs?
    Keylock makes a lot of cuts, especially something with a lot of short forward releases as one might with "cut like a guillotine," sound super wacky and weird. It's very unpredictable-sounding. I can get away with some baby scratches with keylock on, but the release is always funky and off as compared to real wax.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Keylock makes a lot of cuts, especially something with a lot of short forward releases as one might with "cut like a guillotine," sound super wacky and weird. It's very unpredictable-sounding. I can get away with some baby scratches with keylock on, but the release is always funky and off as compared to real wax.
    agreed keylock off and low latency. the rest is vinyl control. you should be able to chirp in time with different notes by adjusting the speed of your vinyl hand and keeping the fader hand the same.

Tech Mentor

ok thanks ill do that will the scratch sound better on the 1200 when I finnaly get them

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No, a different turntable will not change the sound that comes out of Traktor>Mixer.
    The movement of the TT is how Traktor knows in which direction the timecode is moving in.

If your carts are shit the signal to Traktor maybe weak but it will not affect the sound that comes from Traktor. The files in Traktor sound they way they do because of your mixer and your Traktor settings.

The only reason to have good carts when using timecode is to get a good strong signal from the timecode and to get good tracking.
    Cartridges do not pass audio when using timecode (im sure you know this).

Tech Mentor

what is the song he is usuing is it a scratch soundtrack that djs use as I hear the same sort of scratch on alot videos is it a scracth mp3 or something ????

Do you mean the song that he is scratching along to (left deck) or the sound that he is actually scratching (right deck)?

The left deck sounds like a looper (get one here: http://www.studioscratches.com/QSU-LOOPER.zip).

On the right deck he is just using an "It's..." sample from Al Nayyiysh (The Soul) by Hashim (watch from 0.00):

You're gonna need some scratch tools if you're gonna scratch. Google "free scratch tools".
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast