Is it me or are the Vestax people extremely rude?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is it me or are the Vestax people extremely rude?

I got this in reply to my email them concerning the VCI 300 Soundcard, someone please tell me if I deserved the reply:

Dear Gerfried,
    I hope youre still about mate,
    I have just installed Windows 7 x64 and all appears well with Itch 1.1,
    but even so using vci 300 in programs like traktor is still showing me dodgy things

In XP 64 driver was 4in, 2out DirectSound, in Windows 7 it seems to be 2in 2out WASAPI.

The VCI-300 was my choice over the VCI-100 for 2 reasons,
    1) The VCI-300 soundcard that is advertised as 4in 4 out
    2) Both VCI 100 and VCI 100 (version 1.2) appear to have glitches in their firmware, two buttons working with each other
    (effect button on deck b and the fourth FX button on the fx section making the use of both impossible)

what i really want to know is this, is the vci 300 really 4in 4out or not? Cos Serato ITCH is all very well,
    and a fun program but I would like to use the audio/midi capabilities elsewhere too.

If this is impossible or not applicable on this unit please let me know.

All the best,
    Alex Morse

Dear Mike,
    If you have a problem we will certainly help you, and I already suggested you how to get a stable system.
    If you want to play around please do so but do not contact me. If you want to continiue Betatesting for Windows, please ask windows once you have problems.

WE ALSO DO NOT SUPPORT ANY COMBINATION WITH VCI-300 and TRAKTOR.

Best regards

Vestax Service Europe
    Gerfried Fischer

Rheinstr. 213
    53332 Bornheim/Germany

Tel: +49 2222 952372
    Fax +49 2222 952374
    Email: vestaxde@aol.com
    tech@vestax.com

In einer eMail vom 19.10.2009 17:21:49 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit schreibt code.morse@hotmail.com:

Note the name i was referred by and the way the email is written, I'm almost decided on selling the vci 300 after this email and avoiding vestax like the plague, but if i was at fault or gave rise to the response i would appreciate someone pointing it out....
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Default I have some thoughts on that

I would go into the whole thing, but maybe just take a look at the link. It has been thoroughly discussed.

http://www.skratchlounge.com/index.php?showtopic=7117

I had a look through it mate thanks for that, but what really bugged me was that the bastard spoke to a paying customer in that way, namely, me. As it is I'm a lready considering 2 things returning it to the manufacturer for a refund since it doesnt fulfill my needs and ordering the DJTT VCI 100SE, or getting a pair of TTXUSB turntables and traktor scratch and saying goodbye to controllerism until i can get something which will a. work as advertised and b0 be properly supported by the support company, I know this though, I'm done with Vestax, I wont be supporting anymore of their products.
    (DJTT VCI 100 is an exception due to the DJTT having a hand in it)
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Ouch! That's downright awful! It's really bad when a company that's dedicated to a relatively small market decides to screw customers over. I just wish Rane would make a solid midi controller like the Vestax VCIs. I would be all over that in an instant! Love Rane's customer service, Sean was always helpful and they would willingly allow me to send my mixer in annually for a inspection/cleaning of the potentiometers, and faders. It still performs as good as the day i bought it 6-7 years ago!
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

i will call Gerfried tomorrow and will ask him exactly the same. If he´s acting like this to a german customer on phone again i will make sure his Boss will get to know. Its a good thing we have "Kundenschutz" /customer safety (?) in Germany.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Greatmesk, just one thing, I'm not German, I'm English/Greek, and we communicated via email. by the way, if you like, i think this is the right thing I will send you the entire email correspondence including my reply to that email, I may be pretty angry about this issue, but i like to at least try to be fair, if not at least present all the facts i have.

this is priceless....
    new reply from vestax on the matter
    (segment of email)
    "Dear Alex,

sorry for getting your name wrong.
    also my answer should be neither sharp nor was it rude.

I only want you to understand that if you want a stable working system it might be best to use windows xp (not64)"

what can anyone say to that.... funny thing is my question has still not been answered.

They dont seem willing to tell me if the monitor out works outside ITCH

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Thats a pretty appalling way to treat a customer, I would send your email chain to someone at Vestax japan and if you can someone in a more senior position than himself in Germany.

Its all very well for them to say "sorry we do not support the VCI 300 and Traktor pro", but he was plain rude and for someone doing his job not acceptable.

My thoughts exactly, I will be looking into this once i can find an email adress i can use

Tech Mentor

Hi Speical K,
    it's more like "customer protection".

@Topic:
    Vestax quote (Gerfried): "If you want to play around please do so but do not contact me"...

I am a Service Delivery Manager here in Germany for a car maufacturer in Munich (guess which one) and can not understand what that vestax employee (or outsourced customer support?) was thinking.
    Even when "handling" angry, pissed off customers or even just plain stupid questions - that is not a wise choice of words reacting to a customer EMail.
    If anyone in my team would respond to a customer in that way I would have to question his qualification and/or train him or he'd have to look for a new job (if a repeating issue) . Simple as that.

So actually escalating your complaint can harm or even help Gerfried.

PS: My contact to Vestax customer care/support in germany has been ok up to now.
    I'd say average customer support with friendly responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    i will call Gerfried tomorrow and will ask him exactly the same. If he´s acting like this to a german customer on phone again i will make sure his Boss will get to know. Its a good thing we have "Kundenschutz" /customer safety (?) in Germany.
    Last edited by Leon.R; 10-19-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast