Longest DJ set on a laptop?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Longest DJ set on a laptop?

hey ya'll,

I wondered whats the longest set that we've done on a laptop. A friend of mine used an old Compaq with Traktor 3.4 and said he played for 10 hours. (Im not sure I believe him)

I use a MacBook Pro with Traktor Pro 1.2 and regularly do a 5 hour set (10:30p-3:30a)

Recently heard a guy use Torq 1.5 for about 5 hours.

whats everyone else got running?

I do 5 hours pretty regularly... occasionally 6.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Tech Guru

I once did one for a whole year..... i'm serious.

Once I did 5/6 hrs with Traktor 3.4 and my old HP laptop...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I used to do 5 hours on Final Scratch on my old Dell that ran for a while. If I cleaned it up I could probably run it with T3 for hours and hours with no problems.

My new machine I haven't really tested with long sets yet as none have come up
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Student

I use a Macbook Pro with Traktor Pro 1.1 and do 8 hour sets regular (2 times a week)...no probs with it

Tech Mentor

I've done a good few hours of Traktor on my Eee PC 901.

I think as long as you're not dumb about computers and keep yours clean, you shouldn't have any problems running any program for an extended period of time. *shrug*
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

9 Hours is my longest non-stop Set. I do 3 5hour sets a week on my own and regularly do 7 hours with a 40 minute break for a band. All on Traktor.

I was helping a club nite last week and one room had a 3 DJ crew, 2 using Traktor and 1 using CDJs and they were crying that they thought it was just a 2 hour set but had to do 4 hours between them. Pussies , absolute lazy ass nonsense. 3 DJs for 4 hours and they were playing fidgety tech stuff , each bloody tune was 8 minutes long and they still moaned it was too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    I've done a good few hours of Traktor on my Eee PC 901.
    Your running traktor on an Eee PC 901? What version? Would it handle running Traktor Pro, or are you still using 3.X?

I've been running Traktor for hours on end. Every year I host a minifestival and I have a laptop with Traktor running all day and night, so I'd say at least for 24 without reboot, probably more.

Quote Originally Posted by Drix View Post
    Your running traktor on an Eee PC 901? What version? Would it handle running Traktor Pro, or are you still using 3.X?

I've been running Traktor for hours on end. Every year I host a minifestival and I have a laptop with Traktor running all day and night, so I'd say at least for 24 without reboot, probably more.
    I ran traktor pro on my Eee 1000 (same cpu as 901) until I moved to itch.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast