VCI 100SE Freezing???

Default VCI 100SE Freezing???

My VCI 100SE locks up when I am using it (Traktor no longer responds to it), it happens at any given time and I have to unplug it from the computer then plug it back in to get it to work. I recently upgraded to Traktor 3.4 the Tech Tools v.1.3 tks, the hard drive to 200GB @ 7200rpm and the ram to 2G so the computer should be fast enough, I also tried using different usb cords, anyone else have this sort of problem??????
    Last edited by Hooker T; 08-18-2008 at 09:29 AM.
    HoOkEr T

Tech Mentor

with traktor 3.4 you dont need to unplug your midi if its fails for some reason... just turn it off and back on again.. traktor now supports hot swap.. i havnt had many freezes.. maybe 3/4 but luckily I was able to carry on....

are your usb ports powered properly?? have you tried any other ones??
    mac/pc which OS// any other machines you can try it on.. im very doubtful its the vci itself..

I doubt its the VCI as well, the way to confirm is to connect it to a midi monitor and see if its still sending messages to the computer after a traktor freeze. I imagine its Traktor.

when it freezes go to file = midi set up = midi interfaces = where u see the x on the side of the vci click twice = then apply and ok = now go back again in there click twice on the box again so the x appears and press apply and ok it should start again .... i was playing around with it last time.. and did this and it worked.. u dont have to disconnect any usb cable or turn of ur vci... try it out it worked for me ... I'm using 3.4 as well... 2 gigs of ram
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Hey Hooker T if it still give u problems I'll trade you my VCI-100 (v1.2)...Ill take a drive to Denver for a VCI-100 SE =0)
    Last edited by JesC; 08-18-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: forgot the smiley
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I've had it happen b4, also. There is another post around here about this.. i think the consensus then was that it was related to static electricity. i'll have to remember ss714ss's solution next time that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 4nT1 View Post
    with traktor 3.4 you dont need to unplug your midi if its fails for some reason... just turn it off and back on again.. traktor now supports hot swap.. i havnt had many freezes.. maybe 3/4 but luckily I was able to carry on....

are your usb ports powered properly?? have you tried any other ones??
    mac/pc which OS// any other machines you can try it on.. im very doubtful its the vci itself..
    Yes the ports are powered I have a Macbook and run Tiger v.10.4.11 I doubt it's the VCi as well I think it might be Traktor 3.4. I'll try the power switch trick. Thank You
    HoOkEr T

Quote Originally Posted by JesC1200 View Post
    Hey Hooker T if it still give u problems I'll trade you my VCI-100 (v1.2)...Ill take a drive to Denver for a VCI-100 SE =0)
    I think I'll stick w/ what I have Thanks.
    HoOkEr T

Quote Originally Posted by SS714SS View Post
    when it freezes go to file = midi set up = midi interfaces = where u see the x on the side of the vci click twice = then apply and ok = now go back again in there click twice on the box again so the x appears and press apply and ok it should start again .... i was playing around with it last time.. and did this and it worked.. u dont have to disconnect any usb cable or turn of ur vci... try it out it worked for me ... I'm using 3.4 as well... 2 gigs of ram
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    HoOkEr T