Dancehall Anyone??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Dancehall Anyone??

HI folks

I do understand that DJTT is geared more towards electronic music {loose term}, but I was wondering if their other out here that into dancehall, reggae and other sounds of the Caribbean??

So, what is your question exactly, if we like the music or your looking for titles, sources etc.
    If you need a record pool then latinosunidos may provide what you are looking for.

I play different styles often because i live in the Caribbean. And love all styles of music so reggae, dancehall, bubbling, merengue, bachata and mix it up all including house.

This is the most popular dancehall song at this moment on our island.

These are some popular local artists from our island Curacao it's called bubbling.

And our neighbours Aruba

http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Oh - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Oh - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread...
    +1

Robbo Ranx and Rodigan both have weekly shows on BBC 1Xtra. It's my main source of new reggae & dancehall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/

This thread takes me back to Jump Up at Rodney Bay, St. Lucia. Love the dancehall sounds, keep em coming, Boh! Boh!
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Tech Mentor

So I have this friend of mine, who loves an spanish rapper who does dancehall stuff, I think the guy's called Swan Fyahbwoy or sth like that, he has a very powerful voice and he is as good live as he is in the studio, and I don't even like spanish rap! I think he also collaborated with Busy Signal who is an English dancehall artist, right?

I don't listen too much dancehall stuff, the most dancehall-y stuff I listen to may be Major Lazer, but that even ain't dancehall, Diplo is taking the trap way, right? However there's this song from their new record called "You're No Good" which is pretty pretty cool, I think Santigold sings, so that's already impressive.

Tech Wizard

I started this thread to find out how many more DJs on DJTT play dancehall and music from the Caribbean, so as to share tips tricks and music

LoLz... This used to be dancehall when I listened to it:

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

I like to play a bit of reggae now and again but it's strictly roots nothing better for a sunny afternoon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast